Labor quote - guesstimate?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
For replacing rods, pistons, opg in perfectly healthy 4,000 mile engine. Can anyone give me range of what this should cost labor wise? Would include pulling engine, disassembly/reassembly, and back into car. Thanks

BrianH87

Established Member
Do shops combine labor time for something like this? They still don't charge 6-8 hours to do the gears while they are already 3/4 of the way there doing the rods and pistons. Do they?

Zemedici

Established Member
Do shops combine labor time for something like this? They still don't charge 6-8 hours to do the gears while they are already 3/4 of the way there doing the rods and pistons. Do they?

no they should combine labor time, as you've stated

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Mmr has manley rod and piston kit for 1350 plus 300 opg and I figure another 200-300 misc parts. So 2000 grand parts plus how much (?) for labor to do the transplant. Or buy built short block for 4000 est and then sell my good stock short block for 1800-2000 grand? Then how much to swap short blocks? What is most cost effective??

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Looking to do nitrous direct port on stock intake manifold. 300 shot capable. Fyi, if this additional info helps.

Users who are viewing this thread