L&M intake only cams

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Got the car on the dyno today for a few pulls with some odd results. The car picked up throughout the whole graph but it appears the d1sc is tapped out.

Before cams ...

825whp 724wtq

After cams...

867whp 759wtq

I ran out of dyno time to get it dialed in 100%. It was making more boost today but its out of the d1sc efficiency range.

Attachments

• dynorunShare_0-1.png
    dynorunShare_0-1.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 475

bunits19714

Established Member
Nice torque number- Does the waste gate set up you run cause the hp numbers to be at a lower rpm on both the graph lines it is peaking and dropping @ 6600 ish if I am reading correctly. I figured it would be still climbing with the boss intake, unless it is running out of cfm feed from the blower? mine does and has peaked @ 73xx at less hp/boost and blower rpm. I don't know how your going to hook up on the streets it's going to be crazy. I just went back to a circle d from the stock converter and it is a joke trying to hook up.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice torque number- Does the waste gate set up you run cause the hp numbers to be at a lower rpm on both the graph lines it is peaking and dropping @ 6600 ish if I am reading correctly. I figured it would be still climbing with the boss intake, unless it is running out of cfm feed from the blower? mine does and has peaked @ 73xx at less hp/boost and blower rpm. I don't know how your going to hook up on the streets it's going to be crazy. I just went back to a circle d from the stock converter and it is a joke trying to hook up.
the wastegate setup brings the power on earlier at a cost of slight top end power. In my case, the pulley setup is so aggressive that the power is there down low and the blower cant keep up once the rpms raise. The wastegate springs are set at 19.4psi but the boost doesnt quite get there.

lenny127

Established Member
i assume no pulley change was made , and what do you think is going on between 6 and 6500 ? .... i think you are definitely running out of blower you're about 1k bhp ..... cant wait to see some sub 9.5s man

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Got the car on the dyno today for a few pulls with some odd results. The car picked up throughout the whole graph but it appears the d1sc is tapped out.

Before cams ...

825whp 724wtq

After cams...

867whp 759wtq

I ran out of dyno time to get it dialed in 100%. It was making more boost today but its out of the d1sc efficiency range.

congrats on the new numbers. might want to consider have yours reworked to a d1x if you don't want to go straight to the f-series blowers.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
i assume no pulley change was made , and what do you think is going on between 6 and 6500 ? .... i think you are definitely running out of blower you're about 1k bhp ..... cant wait to see some sub 9.5s man
No pulley change was made but i did change the wastegate springs. The tuning wasnt finished up so the dip from 6-6500 was playing with cam timing. I reverted back to the previous revision which has about 10ft lbs less but the 6000-6500 section was smooth for hp.

Id be very happy with 9.50s at 150 this season!

vortecd

Established Member
I'm having serious thoughts about trying these in the next month or so.

Wonder what they would do on my TVS car making 830 sae?

Just do it! Cams are pretty easy to do and the cost of only 2 cams isn't bad

fuelforfire87

Established Member
id imagine pretty much similar results to what I got. 40whp and 35wtq for most of the curve.

Slow306Stang are you running the stock gen 1 heads? What about the exhaust cams, are those stock as well? Assuming from the dyno graph you are running the stock intake manifold? Reason I ask is I am getting a built short block and trying to decide whether or not to upgrade the heads and/or cams while I'm at it. I have the boss intake manifold so I was thinking of going with the L&M intake only cams and then possibly adding the boss 302 exhaust cams. However I know I might lose some low/mid power as these intake cams supposedly work best with the stock exhaust cams.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Slow306Stang are you running the stock gen 1 heads? What about the exhaust cams, are those stock as well? Assuming from the dyno graph you are running the stock intake manifold? Reason I ask is I am getting a built short block and trying to decide whether or not to upgrade the heads and/or cams while I'm at it. I have the boss intake manifold so I was thinking of going with the L&M intake only cams and then possibly adding the boss 302 exhaust cams. However I know I might lose some low/mid power as these intake cams supposedly work best with the stock exhaust cams.
stock gen1 heads and stock exhaust cams with a boss manifold

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Nice, we have a pretty similar setup (procharger D1SC, boss IM, and gen 1 heads) so i may just get the intake only cams and skip exhaust cams and better heads. Especially since you were able to gain 40HP and 35TQ. I would be more than happy with that for less than 1k dollars.

One last question, did you upgrade the valve springs on your heads to support revving higher than 7k rpm and so you wouldnt have valve float?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Nice, we have a pretty similar setup (procharger D1SC, boss IM, and gen 1 heads) so i may just get the intake only cams and skip exhaust cams and better heads. Especially since you were able to gain 40HP and 35TQ. I would be more than happy with that for less than 1k dollars.

One last question, did you upgrade the valve springs on your heads to support revving higher than 7k rpm and so you wouldnt have valve float?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
I did not change out the valve springs either. They are still the stock 2012 springs. One other item you may want to look into is getting the boss manifold ported. I wanted to get mine done before the dyno appointment but i just ran out of time.

Users who are viewing this thread