L&M intake only cams

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Has anybody installed these on their gen 1 coyote and gotten before/after numbers?

Theres been alot of talk on facebook by AED about how much these cams are making over the stockers in s550's ie 80+ to the wheels so I'm really curious if these are legit claims.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
I will let you know in a few weeks. My car made 825whp 724wtq with a d1sc at 16psi. If the claims are true my car should make about 900whp with the L&M intake cams.

vortecd

Established Member
There is at least 2 threads on these cams full of info

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
There is at least 2 threads on these cams full of info

Full of info from AED who designed the cams. I'd like UNBIASED information. IE joe schmo with blower car gets the car dynoed gets the cams installed at a reputable shop and redynos at the same shop. You would think that after months being on the market others would've purchased those cams for their blower setup but I have yet to see any independents posting that "yes we gained 80hp with just the cams".

DarkMach1

Established Member
Honestly the more the catch pushing the more I’d expect the gains to be. With that said, if a basic 600whp coyote gains 35-40whp I’d say that’s well worth it

SixPak

Established Member
I gained 17rwhp and 20rwtq with these cams. Power comes on a little sooner and keeps pulling instead of dropping off after hitting 7k rpm. Plus, my miles per gallon of gas actually increased. LOL!
My car is naturally aspirated so I can’t speak to one supercharged or turbo’d, but would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

OneSlowV

Established Member
I hear about the intake only cams but what about the exhaust cams from them to ? I’d like to know how much power they gain over just doing intake to .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I hear about the intake only cams but what about the exhaust cams from them to ? I’d like to know how much power they gain over just doing intake to .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AED doesn't recommend they, apparently the intake cams alone are good enough at least for SC'd applications. So thus far in the 2 threads I created here & on G6 its still at only the 2 AED tuned cars...

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I think you should be the test mule for us and purchase a set :).

I know you mentioned earlier you were wondering if the claims were legit or not. Has Shaun ever made false claims in the past or pushed bogus products? He has shown results from two different cars, I am not sure what else you want to see. As stated above you should purchase a set and test them out.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Feel free to send me the grand for them and I'll install & dyno them, otherwise I will wait and see for a while. I still need my fuel system upgrade, opg's, etc. so its no rush.

96gt02

Established Member
I tend to agree with Riddick, Shaun is one of the most thorough testers of parts ive ever seen and certainly not known for pushing BS or parts that don't have the proper benefits. I understand you hesitation on such an expensive part with such massive upside but Shaun is one of the very few people Id actually believe

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
There might be limited data for these on boosted applications but have you researched cammed set ups for other forced induction builds. I know @466roller runs a set of Comp cams on his car and he picked up pretty good power from them. Not apples to apples but that will give you an idea of what these engines are capable of making with cams.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
80+ hp is gonna be on a forced induction car. Boss 302 Intake/exhaust cams are a better choice if ur going forced induction. Their stock factory parts and just work perfect for a street car.

Has anybody installed these on their gen 1 coyote and gotten before/after numbers?

Theres been alot of talk on facebook by AED about how much these cams are making over the stockers in s550's ie 80+ to the wheels so I'm really curious if these are legit claims.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm actually toying with this idea now. I just got done getting my full intake/exhaust setup dyno tuned and keep wondering if I can squeeze a little more before going full retard on heads and paired cam kits.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
It's looking like i'll have my results on April 12th. It wont be a back to back comparison since i'll be adding some boost and bigger methanol nozzles on top of the cams

bunits19714

Established Member
^^ you changing your waste gate spring or spinning that squirrel faster yet still or did you upgrade the head unit

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyway you can do cam only pull only then swap springs on the dyno and continue?
i'm renting dyno time while getting remote tuned. I'm trying to limit any down time between pulls so no i will not be playing around with wastegate springs that day.

Users who are viewing this thread