l.e.d. third brake light install

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
heres the final product. i'm still looking for a longer light to fill up more of the housing but i don't think it looks bad now. i just didn't like any of the aftermarket ones but i still wanted to do something different.

DSCN1577-1.gif

first thing i did was take out the 3rd brake light. it's only two 5/16 bolts. then i took the red lense off the housing.

DSCN1560.gif

this is the housing and the light i picked up from advanced autoparts. they are l.e.d. off road racing lights. they were $20 for two of them.

DSCN1561.gif

i took the red lens and jb welded the light into it.

DSCN1564.gif

DSCN1566.gif

then i had to shave down the center hump inside the housing in order for the light to fit inside.

DSCN1583.gif

now you need to wire up the l.e.d. strip. just cut one of the bulb connectors off and connect your wires (black to black and green to red). all i did was take out the other bulb and leave the connector intact, you don't need it anymore.

DSCN1580.gif

all you need to do now is snap it all back together and re-install it into your car.

DSCN1586.gif

good luck. someone let me know if you find a longer light. i'm going on the hunt tomorrow.:rockon:

Last edited:

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i will post more pics once i get my l.e.d.'s for my taillights and reverse lights.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
can't wait. i want to order some bright l.e.d.'s for that tails just to be on the safe side.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
here are the led tail/brake/tag/back up lights

Parking lights( passenger far right outside bulb, parking quit working only works with brake)

DSCN1507.gif

brake lights

DSCN1506.gif

parking with back up lights

DSCN1508.gif

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member
they are very very bright i got all the bulbs and led flasher from super bright leds costed a total $100+ with frieght im looking to go back to stock.

98LazerRedCobra

lazer red
Established Member
which bulbs are the ones for the reverse lights i want to buy th e ones from superbright leds .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread