KX450F vs. Raptor 700R

Gus00SVTL

SVT Lightning/6.2L Raptor
Established Member
So me, my cousins, and some friends were riding and having a good time at this sand pit in South Jersey when we hear the wrath of a new Yamaha Raptor 700R. :rockon:
So we start bs'ing with the dude, and my cousin who has a new FI KX450F asks him if he wants to have a little sand drag! :burnout:

First race, the 700R said he missed a gear. Was still pretty close!
Second race, my cousin on the 450F caught a rut which was the result of me Baja drifting my 6.2L Raptor! (Thats why it looks like he cut him off)

Races were all in good fun. Those new 700R's are WICKED! Hope you enjoy!
Watch it in full screen. The vid is from my iPhone so it's kinda small...

[youtube_browser]kh0jk8mCVAQ[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Pitrack

Boost it
Established Member
They haven't really changed the 700's much over the years have they? I just sold my 06' a few weeks ago. Fun ride.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
Try recording with the phone sideways, so you wont get those black bars.

RCRAMIE

Established Member
2011-10-15_18-17-00_966.gif
[/IMG]

Clash of the Titans 2011 - YouTube

The first pass in that video is me on that drag frame Raptor. Drag racing ATV is one of my favorite forms of drag racing.

04SVTF

Established Member
Good times! We take a couple 700r's and a 660r out to Glamis. I actually prefer the 660. Something about the carb setup on it, cant keep the front wheels on the ground

IMAG0152.jpg

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I've always been torn between buying a 700 or a banshee as my next four wheeler. What's the difference between the new 700r and the 05+ models?

phil'snotch

Established Member
I have a kx 250 kx 125 and of course my banshee....will never part with any of them

braaaaaaappppppp. Braaaapppppp barrrrraaaappppp

MJN

Established Member
I got screwed on my deal for the Raptor I beleive but I wanted something new at the time. My Banshee was a 88 if I remember, was close to the last year with J arms. Full LoneStar Suspension with Works shocks. Powder coated frame, new Hole Shot tires all around, top it off with A fresh Duncan Racing engine with all the goodies. Bumper, skids, was decked out and with all OEM parts I traded even for a 2001 660 Raptor in 02. Raptor was in fair condition, you could tell been used. Oh well after a few mods loved my Raptor. Love to have a new one!

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
I love riding. Never been in the sand though.

Anyone remember this old dinosaur? Or should I say zilla? Been wanting one of these for years. Finally got my hands on one and I'm nearly finished with a nice resto on it. Should be a beast with the AAEN pipe and port work I have planned for it.

null-36.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread