Kuddos for a good part

Shelbyman

Established Member
I just wanted to complement JLT for making an excellent part. I put their oil separator on my 2015 Mustang GT 5.0 when I got it last March. I don't drive it much but just went over 2000 miles and had it on the track last weekend. I changed the oil yesterday and checked the oil separator and was a bit surprised to find 2-3 tablespoons of oil in the can. On the street I don't drive it hard but on the track I did. The track time might have accounted for some of the oil in the can...wish I had checked it before I went. Anyway I thought you all might like to know this nicely made part is doing a good job. All that oil would have made it's way into the intake manifold and back through the engine so I'm glad I installed it when I got the car. :)

Shelbyman

Established Member
Do you need both the driver and passenger side oil separator or just the passenger?

When I had my 04 SVT with the blower I put both of them on just to be safe. Some have said the non PCV side didn't collect much and it didn't in my car but then I didn't drive it very much. I know the PCV side on both of my cars does the bulk of the collecting. :)

92StangMan

Established Member
When I had my 04 SVT with the blower I put both of them on just to be safe. Some have said the non PCV side didn't collect much and it didn't in my car but then I didn't drive it very much. I know the PCV side on both of my cars does the bulk of the collecting. :)

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread