kooks race bullets as resonators

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
I have Jegs cat delete, and a kooks axle back and I loved it. I pulled the resonators out the other day and immediately regretted it. It now pops and is to raspy. I ordered Kooks bullet mufflers and was wondering if anyone else has tried them as resonators as opposed to the dynomax ones?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Couldn't tell you but you can tell us when you get em! I left my resonators in because i knew it would sound like poop if i took em out!

03-BLK-SNAKE

Established Member
I would love to get your opinion on your results. I did almost the exact same thing. I installed the GT500 axle back first and then removed the resonators. Just recently, I installed the Jegs cat delete pipes and it is definitely more raspy than I would like it to be. A video clip of your results would be awesome as I am trying to configure a remedy for the rasp.

prn1972

Established Member
The Magnaflow bullets worked for me, took the raspiness out & gave it a nice deep sound but it is still pretty loud but I like it

The Guz

Established Member
its still gonna pop but at WOT, if you dump it right after the bullets, it will sound amazing,

i was dumped with the dynomax race bullets 23.5" and it sounded orgasmic,then i finished off the rest of the piping so i caould have the quad tips and it got poppy, not raspy just poppy aroun 2500 RPMS

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
interesting... I wont be dumping at the bullets as much as id like to. Kooks race bullets at jegs were the same price as the dynomax bullets $71 a piece. I figured I would stay with all kooks mufflers for that price. I will do a video of a before and after as well as my opinions on both. I will say that with the cat deletes, kooks axle back with the stock resonators in place I liked the sound, it didn't get a lot louder, just more poppy and raspy.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
I like the way mine
sound now with the off road x and factory resonators and gt 500 mufflers its loud , but interested to see how these bullets change the sound!

Last edited:

The Guz

Established Member
interesting... I wont be dumping at the bullets as much as id like to. Kooks race bullets at jegs were the same price as the dynomax bullets $71 a piece. I figured I would stay with all kooks mufflers for that price. I will do a video of a before and after as well as my opinions on both. I will say that with the cat deletes, kooks axle back with the stock resonators in place I liked the sound, it didn't get a lot louder, just more poppy and raspy.

my bullets were like $48 a piece from summit

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hate to resurrect an old thread but i just ordered a set of kooks race bullet mufflers to replace my stock resonators. Got em from Maryland speed for $66.83 each, best price around. I called kooks before I ordered and they say they do the install all the time and it adds a deeper fuller sound to the car! They are 2.5 diameter ends the muffler base diameter is 3.25 the overall length is 20 inches ... Can't wait to here how they sound

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
you will be happy, for 66 bucks a piece for the kooks, dynomax can keep theirs, the kooks one are absolutely high quality at a good buy. And yes they made the car sound deeper and 100 times less poppy and raspy. I am very happy with them.

Sloppy12

Established Member
Sorry for the dumb question but what exactly do they do? will they create drone? will they sound good with off road x and stock axleback, also do they bolt in or do they have to be welded?

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
When you have headers and an off road X pipe with the stock resonators and axle backs, they bring a deeper more muscular sound. its a smaller muffler that will quiet down and tune the sound of an already loud exhaust note! No drone! Not only that they have better clearance then the stock resonators! They can be bolted in or welded!

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
When you have headers and an off road X pipe with the stock resonators and axle backs, they bring a deeper more muscular sound. its a smaller muffler that will quiet down and tune the sound of an already loud exhaust note! No drone! Not only that they have better clearance then the stock resonators! They can be bolted in or welded!

Bolted in?? I assume the only way of doing that would be by using band clamps.

techwerkz

Established Member
Anyone have any pictures of this setup? Curious to see the placement, and how the fitment is. Been wanting to do this for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread