Kooks LT's...H or X Pipe?

RC-5.0

Established Member
Was considering the Kooks LT's next month. I may go with the 1.75 even over 1.875 even WITH putting Roush on later in the year, because I love the Low end tq more than the high-end HP.

That being said, do they make an off road H pipe also?

I dont have emissions here in FL, so I will go catless.

Anyone know if there is a difference in performance with the H or X? Also, I know you can't "describe" sound, but if someone can explain the difference I would appreciate it. Hard to find Clips on You tube of H pipes with headers.

Thanks all
RC

Mad_Marc

Procharged!
Established Member
Someone did a dyno difference in an x and h pipe. It was like 3 hp less with the h. However 3 hp is hardly anything and the average person will never notice the difference in power. As for sound, h pipe will give you a deeper tone more like an old school sound while x gives you a slightly higher pitch more towards the exotic side. If hp isn't your concern, choose based off of sound. Either way it's gonna sound good I think.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was considering the Kooks LT's next month. I may go with the 1.75 even over 1.875 even WITH putting Roush on later in the year, because I love the Low end tq more than the high-end HP.

That being said, do they make an off road H pipe also?

I dont have emissions here in FL, so I will go catless.

Anyone know if there is a difference in performance with the H or X? Also, I know you can't "describe" sound, but if someone can explain the difference I would appreciate it. Hard to find Clips on You tube of H pipes with headers.

Thanks all
RC

typically the x has a little more rasp than an h

depends on the sound that you like

i'm out of town this weekend, i know there is a catted h, but that might be for the oem headers

i can check my priceguide monday

curemystangitis

Professional Amateur
Established Member
You would not feel much a performance difference between the two IMO. The HP numbers would be very close. I've got Kooks LT's, Kooks catted X, and Magnaflow Competition catback. I love the way the car sounds. Very understated at idle, mellow around town, but sounds great when you get on it. I would not describe it as your traditional muscle car sound, more along the lines of an exotic like the other guy said. Either way you will be happy, do it man!

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I have kooks 1.75 lts with a 3" catless X, JPC resonator delete pipes, JPC racing mufflers. At idol it's rather mild even with having such open piping. Cruising around I can hold a conversation, even listen to the stereo. Accelerating and shifting normally it sounds sorta high pitched almost European V8 mix with American muscle, I like it. At woot this thing screams race car! It turns every head around.

RC-5.0

Established Member
BEEF: Yeah, get my Kooks Price with Catless X. Im gonna let Steeda do it for me since they have my tune and wont charge me at all to redo it.

THOSE WITH KOOKS: Do you have links to your personal sound clips?

Thanks
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
Just do a search on youtube and you'll find a lot of videos with Kooks headers.

Not just a lot...tons..that's the problem...can't find specific enough.
Different years, too many comb varieties. Can't get specfic enough. I thought if someone here has one or two specific links they could share them.
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
Just do a search on youtube and you'll find a lot of videos with Kooks headers.

If anyone has any specific ones they can post with Kooks and Off-road, please post. I find a ton with various combos, but I may be missing some good spedific ones.

Thanks
RC

RC-5.0

Established Member
I have the kooks LT's with the off road h pipe and borla mufflers. I really like the sound.

13GT with new exhaust - YouTube

Where in Fl Are you?

I have Steeda Axle backs (made by Borla), so yours is most likely the closest sound I will find on Youtube.

Do you think you could get a clip up here soon on your car at start up, idle, and revving, but stationary?

Thanks
RC

ATTFighter

Established Member
I live in south florida, so we could just meet up lol. I live in boca raton.

Where in Fl Are you?

I have Steeda Axle backs (made by Borla), so yours is most likely the closest sound I will find on Youtube.

Do you think you could get a clip up here soon on your car at start up, idle, and revving, but stationary?

Thanks
RC

Users who are viewing this thread