KOOKS LongTube Headers ... Which O/R X Pipe?

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
No you can use any o/r pipe.

Huh? They are long tubes normal O/R x-pipe will not work. You need a short mid meant for long tubes as the attachment point is further back. You MAY be able to use a x-pipe designed for another set of headers and get lucky but I'd get the one matched to where the collectors are located with those headers.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I guess I thought that was a given using a xpipe designed for long tubes. But you are correct they have to be for long tube header setup.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I guess I thought that was a given using a xpipe designed for long tubes. But you are correct they have to be for long tube header setup.

I got you, makes sense. Wasn't trying to insult you or OP but you never know people's knowledge level so I try to be specific.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" Most " Mfg.'s LT's are designed in such a way as to only work with " their " X pipes.
Can you get an exhaust shop to cobble something together for you, sure..

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
" Most " Mfg.'s LT's are designed in such a way as to only work with " their " X pipes.
Can you get an exhaust shop to cobble something together for you, sure..

Kind of what I was wondering. There is no "standard" location for the collector on LTs so I figured they made the primaries work and then designed the mid pipe to fit where that all laid out. Unlike standard length which are all mounting to the same location. Wasn't 100% sure though.

Albatross

Established Member
I highly recommend using the kooks x pipe. I have kooks long tubes and kooks x pipe and it all fits very well. Great quality too.

Quick Strike

Established Member
They also use different types of connectors where the header meets the X-pipe. You might have to cut off one type and weld on the other to make it work. I also have Kooks headers with a catted high flow X. I am very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nitrojunk

Established Member
do all you have clearance issues with your KOOKS LT's ? Mine hang way low ...and with BC Coilovers, my ground clearance is maybe 1 1/2 inches

Users who are viewing this thread