Kooks CatBack Installed

GT500Noob

Established Member
Installed my Kooks Catback yesterday. My friend was able to track down a lift so the install was pretty easy.

Fitment is spot on, and quality is perfect. I love the sound, very throaty underload, absoluty ZERO drone while cruising.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiwMMEUWNUg&hd=1"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Kooks cat-back exhaust[/nomedia]

bssmith1220

Established Member
Sounds good, I've been eyeing this for mine. If you don't mind me asking where did you get it from and how much?

GT500Noob

Established Member
What should I expect when I make the switch from the H pipe over to an X pipe??

I'm still on the fence between Highflow CATS and no CATS. I have emissions where I live, and they do a visual inspection for the cats. BUT, I wont have to get emissions for the next 3 years because its a brand new vehicle. decisions decisions....

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Exhaust: decisions, decisions!! Still not sure on what exhaust I want to put on my car.

Thanks for the sound clip of yours, sounds good!

venumus93

Established Member
Exhaust: decisions, decisions!! Still not sure on what exhaust I want to put on my car.

Thanks for the sound clip of yours, sounds good!

I hear ya.....this system sounds good! I have always loved the Flomatsers on my old 5.0's, so was hoping they would have one for our 2011's that didn't have the classic drone that came along with the old 5.0 systems..

Users who are viewing this thread