Kooks ABs Lethal ORX videos

CobraHuck

Established Member
Put my Lethal ORX last weekend and finally got some time to shoot a couple videos. They're not the best quality, off my Iphone. Might try to get some better ones this weekend if my real camera isn't dead.

Only mods for now are Lethal ORX and Kooks ABs.

In car, windows up just cruising
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lTyt-6F3Gg

Getting on it a little bit, windows down. Last half is romping it in 2nd and 3rd across a bridge. My tires are B.A.L.D. so NOOOO traction :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-vf61klph8

Outside the car. Again, only 2nd and 3rd romp. 1st will just blow off the tires lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9BuOVLxGBY

Last edited:

CobraHuck

Established Member
:beer: Thanks! The ORX definitely changed the whole attitude of the car. Not gonna lie though, I may swap out the mufflers later down the road. Was hoping for a "tinnier" sound, little raspier. Idk, we'll see

nowwhat

Established Member
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about that exact set up and was wondering how it would sound.

chonSVT

Established Member
Premium Member
I have Roush axlebacks to go with mine. Depending how loud, I may do the 2013 GT500 axlebacks with quad tips.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Thanks for the post. I was thinking about that exact set up and was wondering how it would sound.
:beer: Gonna try and get some better vids this weekend with my buddy and a real camera

I have Roush axlebacks to go with mine. Depending how loud, I may do the 2013 GT500 axlebacks with quad tips.

I've heard an ORX + Roush's are REDICULOUS loud ha. Might as well try it while you've got em tho. I've heard the ORX + GT500s in person, it's straight sexy too

WildOne12

Established Member
Sounds Mean! Now I have a good idea what mine should sound like when I get it back. The car is at JPC now getting a Boss Intake, Tune & Lethal Offroad X Pipe. Only difference is I am running the Bassani AB's. I have heard some on here say it's too loud... sure sounds good to me!

CobraHuck

Established Member
^Your car is the reason I went with this setup lol. I have both of your in driveway vids saved in my Coyote playlist. Can't wait to get a cam tune, just debating between AED and Lund. That last video is sexy! :pepper:

ryan.garcia2733

Established Member
^Your car is the reason I went with this setup lol. I have both of your in driveway vids saved in my Coyote playlist. Can't wait to get a cam tune, just debating between AED and Lund. That last video is sexy! :pepper:

Lol I love this setup I just got the kooks longtubes there actually under my bed waiting to go in lol can't wait.

CobraHuck

Established Member
If you haven't gotten rid of your resonators do it. I promise you will be happy with that set up.

I'm thinking that's what I'll do. Does it affect the drone at all? That's one thing I LOVE about this setup, it's quiet as stock at cruise. Just want it louder when I stomp it

Lol I love this setup I just got the kooks longtubes there actually under my bed waiting to go in lol can't wait.

I'll tell ya right now, LT's ain't happening on my car until I pull the motor to build it :lol:

scotmach

Established Member
I love my Kooks catback. It's the perfect tone to me. It's sounds good with my ORH pipe and it sounds good with an ORX pipe.

5bites

Established Member
Yea I know it's an old thread but anyway...

How loud are the kooks with an offroad pipe? How about with an offroad pipe and no resonators?

scotmach

Established Member
They're somewhere in the middle. Not overly loud nor overly quiet. It's the tone and quality that separates the Kooks from the others to me. I'm about to ditch my Lethal H-Pipe and install a set of American Racing 1 7/8 headers and off road X-Pipe to go with my Kooks catback.

CobraHuck

Established Member
Those videos are with an ORX, but still factory resonators. They're pretty loud, cold start is real loud, good rumble just cruising. Scream pretty good at WOT. But they're never like "holy shit that's ridiculous". They're a pretty deep toned muffler tho, I almost think they'd sound better paired with an ORH. I'll be deleting the resonators in the near future, so I'll post some more vids.

If I still don't like them then, I'll sell them and get some Borla's. I prefer a raspier/high pitched muffler

Deranged2013

Established Member
Sounds good! Do any of you notice any drone at 2k rpm cruising? How is the fitment of the Kooks over axle pipe for those running the catback system?

CobraHuck

Established Member
Not hardly at all. You know they're there but it's nothing like an SN car with flows. Really the only drone I get at all is in 6th at like 1200-1600 under load.

Can't speak for fitment with the cat back, but they fit great with the stock pipes

Sent from TapaTwat

Users who are viewing this thread