Kooks 2015 Mustang GT Header and Full 3" Comp System

PIKE5.0

Established Member
I own both, and because I like the interior refinement and fastback design. Wheel hop sucks on these cars though can't wait for the upgrades to become available.

Sorry dude, but you're trying to make a ridiculously pointless argument. I'm referring to all of what you've said about the termi, not just this Qoute. I've owned 04-12- now 15. They're all dramatically different cars, and the '15 is abondantly better in every way. Although heavier, basic mods will have them out performing all previous. If you feel like an argument, make a thread about it elsewhere.

12gt500

Established Member
i am going to go with this system here pretty soon sounds good.

no you were i never was learn to read, I was always referring to my terminator from beginning. don't change subject. Funny how you try to make yourself look right. LMFAO

to be honest as i was reading i thought you meant a stock termi also for what its worth.

Voltwings

Established Member
Sorry dude, but you're trying to make a ridiculously pointless argument. I'm referring to all of what you've said about the termi, not just this Qoute. I've owned 04-12- now 15. They're all dramatically different cars, and the '15 is abondantly better in every way. Although heavier, basic mods will have them out performing all previous. If you feel like an argument, make a thread about it elsewhere.

My '13 5.0 made 380 stock as well, but it took a cobrajet top end with headers to make it to 445 whp, but only 355 wtq ... the new motors are monsters for sure.

alexgg2

Established Member

When I started my quote it was based on kooks headers and got shifted to an argument by everyone else including yourself. I have both cars and still have both cars so I can honestly say I can compare both vehicles since I own both not like everyone else who just owns one of these cars and has never driven or modified either one. Every mod I added on cobra you could drastically feel the difference. The new 15 GT each mod little to no difference. Each one has its ups and downs. 2015 GT going to have to have more money put into it to make lots of power. 03-04 cobras need very little money put in to it make lots of power. Its all because its forced induction. Adding a supercharger is going to cost $6,500+ to make it out perform my cobra. Thus the reason I cant wait for roush to make the supercharger available. Positives on new GT 2015 is its more comfortable ride you don't feel all the bumps in the road, interior puts to shame the cobra, handling on curves hands down to the 2015 GT. Exterior styling I cant honestly say which one I like more they both look awesome except the cobra draws a lot more attention with the top down with the speedster covers, roush styling bar and 5% tinted wind screen. Wheel hop on 2015 GT worse than on the Cobra. From what I have seen from both cars its due to the softer irs bushings on the 2015 GT. Though I can see why ford did this as for a more comfortable ride. One thing I hate about the new 15 GT is when it rains you can hear all the little rocks/debri hitting the fenders/floor pans that are being thrown by tires. The ups on the cobra is the engine is hand built engine, has forged Manely H-beam rods which are really strong and forged aluminum pistons and no need to add a supercharger as it already has one and the whine from the supercharger is just insane. Love the supercharger whine, thus the reason I want on for my 15 GT. I do know they say the internals (rods/crank)are forged on the 15 GT but no info on the pistons. Don't know if these are cast or forged. If they are cast they wont be able to handle to much boost and as for the rods who knows how much power they can handle. The cobra internals can handle up to 1000hp the 6-speed trans handles upto 600hp. Who knows how much the stock 15 GT engine/trans can handle and when the clutch starts to slip, this is why I am going with roush supercharger which is rated at 650hp and still retains the factory drivetrain warranty. All other supercharger brands void warranty.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Sorry dude, but you're trying to make a ridiculously pointless argument. I'm referring to all of what you've said about the termi, not just this Qoute. I've owned 04-12- now 15. They're all dramatically different cars, and the '15 is abondantly better in every way. Although heavier, basic mods will have them out performing all previous.

Thank you.

alexgg2

Established Member
03-04 cobra w/ simple mods vs 15 GT w/ simple mods. Cobra will outperform each time with less money
03-04 stock vs 15 GT w/ simple mods, obviously 15 GT would win.
Why everyone gets but hurt is beyond me. There both Ford and both mustangs but no they are not better in everyway compared to previous versions. Each has its ups and downs to them. Everyone needs to stop shifting from original post about kooks headers. Kooks headers are one of the best on the market. Get them but don't use their gaskets or their header bolts. Use stock gaskets and factory studs and you will not have any problems.

Kooks Headers

Established Member
Here is a nice video that breaksdown the systems we offer for the 2015 GT's

[video=youtube;SqREgm98H9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqREgm98H9g&list=UUZ0ky4-PKJfP6JfPlwAWULQ[/video]

Anthony K

Established Member
03-04 cobra w/ simple mods vs 15 GT w/ simple mods. Cobra will outperform each time with less money
Why everyone gets but hurt is beyond me. There both Ford and both mustangs but no they are not better in everyway compared to previous versions. Each has its ups and downs to them. Everyone needs to stop shifting from original post about kooks headers. Kooks headers are one of the best on the market. Get them but don't use their gaskets or their header bolts. Use stock gaskets and factory studs and you will not have any problems.

Well, no shit? A motor with a blower makes more power than a n/a motor when modifying it? That's the revelation of the century right there! Go wait by your mail box, your medal is on its way.

I can't stand kooks headers, and their mangement and customer service flat out sucks.

alexgg2

Established Member
Well, no shit? A motor with a blower makes more power than a n/a motor when modifying it? That's the revelation of the century right there! Go wait by your mail box, your medal is on its way.

I can't stand kooks headers, and their mangement and customer service flat out sucks.

About time some else realized it. Everyone else on here believes that their 2015 will out perform an 03-04 cobra with simple mods. So what issues have you had with kooks headers. I've heard from others about poor customer service but what issues have you had with the headers. I had no issues with mine except for the cheap header gaskets and supplied bolts that back out. That's why I just used the oem gaskets and studs and never had an issue, clearance was really tight in my cobra with factory k-brace and it still cleared everything perfect.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I didn't see a catless version in that video.. But I think I've seen it on websites for sale.

The video just breaks down how the systems come assembled and how they go together with each other. They do offer them catless and we have them available to order on the site. In the link below, you will find all of the components that Kooks offers currently for the 2015 Mustang GT...

https://www.lethalperformance.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=koo-115

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Anthony K

Established Member

05 gto

Fit like total shit, had to hammer and dent the hell out of them to get me to fit, motor was almost out of the car too. Brand new car, 500 miles on it, kooks response....... Your car is wrong, our headers are right.

Low and behold a month or so later they release a revised header for the gto. Hmmmmm

08 gt. Purchased through livernois motorsports

Pulled motor mounts, raised engine, removed starter, steering shaft. I could already see they were going to need the hammer to fit. I played with engine height and the headers, being overly careful to not scratch the headers ( learned my lesson on the gto )played with them for a week. There was just no way way without hammering the tubes on both sides. So I contacted Livernois. They called George, $250 restock fee! Charged by kooks, not livernois.
Tried selling them on the various boards, no interest at the time, even well below cost as everyone knew they needed to be best to get to fit. Sick of looking at them...... Livernois sent them back for me.

Then that ****ing rat George had the balls to post in one of the MANY kooks disaster threads on Yellowbullet. Claimed there was NO RESTOCKING FEE IF THE HEADERS WERE NOT DAMAGED IN ANY WAY!!!! So naturally I jumped in to call him out and get my $250 back. Yea right! George disappeared! Good thing about Yellowbullet, all those posts are still there in the trash or be trashed!

Ordered American racing headers for that car.... FIT PERFECTLY.

Bought stainless works for my 15 gt as a former kooks employee works there now. Chris. Nothing but good things to say about stainless works.

Doing the right thing at the time would have saved kooks quite a few customers. I've steered plenty of locals away from them. Not enough to affect them. But every little bit makes me feel better. Getting my story out.

dont believe me, doesn't matter to me. Take it upon yourself to google kooks, American racing headers, stainless works, lemons, etc. see for yourself.

Snakenhorse

new svt poster
Established Member
05 gto

Fit like total shit, had to hammer and dent the hell out of them to get me to fit, motor was almost out of the car too. Brand new car, 500 miles on it, kooks response....... Your car is wrong, our headers are right.

Low and behold a month or so later they release a revised header for the gto. Hmmmmm

08 gt. Purchased through livernois motorsports

Pulled motor mounts, raised engine, removed starter, steering shaft. I could already see they were going to need the hammer to fit. I played with engine height and the headers, being overly careful to not scratch the headers ( learned my lesson on the gto )played with them for a week. There was just no way way without hammering the tubes on both sides. So I contacted Livernois. They called George, $250 restock fee! Charged by kooks, not livernois.
Tried selling them on the various boards, no interest at the time, even well below cost as everyone knew they needed to be best to get to fit. Sick of looking at them...... Livernois sent them back for me.

Then that ****ing rat George had the balls to post in one of the MANY kooks disaster threads on Yellowbullet. Claimed there was NO RESTOCKING FEE IF THE HEADERS WERE NOT DAMAGED IN ANY WAY!!!! So naturally I jumped in to call him out and get my $250 back. Yea right! George disappeared! Good thing about Yellowbullet, all those posts are still there in the trash or be trashed!

Ordered American racing headers for that car.... FIT PERFECTLY.

Bought stainless works for my 15 gt as a former kooks employee works there now. Chris. Nothing but good things to say about stainless works.

Doing the right thing at the time would have saved kooks quite a few customers. I've steered plenty of locals away from them. Not enough to affect them. But every little bit makes me feel better. Getting my story out.

dont believe me, doesn't matter to me. Take it upon yourself to google kooks, American racing headers, stainless works, lemons, etc. see for yourself.

I remember in 07, 08, 09, livernois was a strong dealer for kooks. I had kooks headers on my 07 gt and had a few leaks that Lidio @ alternative auto ended up fixing for me.
I confess I spilled a little bit of engine oil on that particular header by accident and that later on leaked so that maybe was the cause of the problem.My fault. Other than that, I had no problems at that time.
I didn't know their product went downhill tough... That's crazy..

I have the Stainless works headers on my f150 and thinking about going with them again unless BBK comes out with dirty cheap headers that fits well on the new 15 gt. I might wait but have to say that I am very happy with Stainless works fitment on the F150 and the truck made really good power with their headers as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread