Koni Yellow vs Koni STR.T

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey,

I am looking to order shocks for my 2011 Brembo GT. I would like to take advantage of the Koni sale right now. I am trying to decide between the value of the STR.T vs. the adjustability of the Sports. I would like to keep some fine tuning in it as I would like to autocross while still retaining the ability for weekend drag duty. I am trying to decide if the Sports are worth the extra cash.

Thanks!
Jeff

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
Autocross? yes go with the sports.
Good luck waiting for them though. Just get D specs. They are reasonably priced

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
good deal, post some pics when your done. I myself didnt wait and went for the STR's.

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
Go for the Sports. Adjustibility is so nice. Helps at the drag strip as well as the auto-x/road course. I run them all the way hard in the back and all the way soft in the front and get some pretty serious weight transfer. Hooks up my rubber bands a lot better than the stock shocks/struts. Plus if you live in a really crappy road area, like I do, running them at full soft rides very well considering the springs I have. If you use it for DD/drag/autox/roadcourse like I do, I think they are the single best suspension mod.

Last edited:

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
for the price those seem like they would be the way to go!

STR's are not bad if you don't plan on adjusting. My car sees the strip about 5 times a year and with an occasional spirited drive on the way to work they work well.
I had the sports on my MS3 before this car and i played with the adjustments a few times in the beginning but once i found what worked well for my use i didn't touch em anymore.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
I have the STR's with K springs. The ride is bouncy, but I think that is to be expected after lowering. :shrug:

faztcobra

Established Member
Any more info on this Koni sale? I'm looking for info but must be blind. I'm in the market for some STR.Ts. I got the $125 Eibach springs in the other thread. I'm looking to finish out my suspension...

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
Call Strano. Their website isn't always updated. Sam is a cool guy and is a suspension guru so he can help you decide as well.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I have the STR's with K springs. The ride is bouncy, but I think that is to be expected after lowering. :shrug:

Not really. I have the STR's on steeda sports and I have zero bounce. The ride is firm, but not uncomfortable. Considering my car is 99% street, I love the setup. If I raced more, I'd spring for the sports.

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Just ordered Sports myself. I ordered from BMR, and got the same price and little extra off their Panhard bar. I go the last set they had in stock, though.

Users who are viewing this thread