Koni Special Active

GrabberBlue5.0

Established Member
I am currently running Koni yellows, but constantly find that my butthole is puckering everytime I drive because of how beat up some of the roads are. Has anyone used the Koni "Red" on the S197 mustangs? I am looking at it and it is available, I just don't want to spend the money only to find out they're pretty much the same as the yellow's on the softest setting.

RusWolf

Established Member
almost a year later, but i recently had the special actives installed. Posting this just so if anyone else is looking and can not find anything, because i could not.

So: They are REALLY nice for my needs, tight in turns and not too stiff over road bumps. However if you are riding a concrete bridge with wave-like bumps of road imperfection it will be slightly bouncy but i think thats normal for pretty much most lowered/stiffer shocks.

I paired them up with Steeda sport springs and bunch of other suspension parts. Overall the car handles like its on rails, not sure how much shocks have to do with this since everything was installed at once, but i really like how they ride.

68gtscode

Established Member
almost a year later, but i recently had the special actives installed. Posting this just so if anyone else is looking and can not find anything, because i could not.

So: They are REALLY nice for my needs, tight in turns and not too stiff over road bumps. However if you are riding a concrete bridge with wave-like bumps of road imperfection it will be slightly bouncy but i think thats normal for pretty much most lowered/stiffer shocks.

I paired them up with Steeda sport springs and bunch of other suspension parts. Overall the car handles like its on rails, not sure how much shocks have to do with this since everything was installed at once, but i really like how they ride.

Interesting feedback, thanks for posting. I recently purchased Koni yellows but haven’t installed them yet. When looking, I never ran across the Konis you referenced. Do you have any more information (part numbers, etc.), or links to them online? Thanks again!

Last edited:

RusWolf

Established Member
Interesting feedback, thanks for posting. I recently purchased Koni yellows but haven’t installed them yet. When looking, I never ran across the Konis you referenced. Do you have any more information (part numbers, etc.), or links to them online? Thanks again!

If you basically just google 2011-2014 Mustang Koni special active.. it will pull up. I know steeda has them, lethal, cj and i think AM.

They are basically Koni’s version of Bilstein B6 shock. I wanted to get Bilstein’s but when I found Konis i went with Koni for basically same/similar technology and slighly better price.

I ordered 3 from beefcake which he had in stock and 1 from steeda i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nate714

Established Member
These look similar to the KONI STR.T shocks/struts - how do they compare to the old Koni Oranges?

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
They sound alot like my Bilstein HD's. If that's the case, they'll be amazing and just as described.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread