Kong vs Jokerz S/C Porting

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Im curious about the difference between the two.. There seems to be a large price discrepancy....

Thoughts?

Kong Performance 2020 GT500 CNC Supercharger Porting​

Regular price

$1,275.00

2020+ GT500 Port Service​

$1,600.00

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I did some searching with Google and found nothing that explains the cost difference of $325. They're both very reputable shops, so unless Jokerz does something different beyond what Kong does to the blower, I'd probably go with Kong. I see that Jokerz offers more porting/rebuilding options, but those are extra cost.

Maybe someone will pipe in with an explanation we can't seem to find.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I would go with jokerz. Kong is great for LS but I would not have him port a gt500 blower.

cobrainfo1

Established Member
I just had one sent out to Kong for a porting job. Car should be completed in 4 weeks.

I went with kong on the advice of HPP Racing they recommended them vs others.

I also reached out to Kong myself as the blower sent to them only has 500mi and my concerns were I didn't want the oem bearings replaced (consensus is the oem bearings are the better part) they themselves agreed the oem bearings are the best and that they wouldn't be doing a bearing rebuild, it would retain the oem.

Maybe someone can chime in but my understanding was Jokers replaces the bearings from oem.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Aren’t they basically the same blowers?

Totally different. You are probably on top of this but be sure to get the whipple brick. It is ****ing massive compared to stock and is easy money well spent. Especially with your port. Lethal had them on their black Friday list.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the clarification Terry. I wasn't understanding why Kong wouldn't be recommended on par with Jokerz.

q6543

Established Member
How much does the porting gain?? Would the money be better spent for down payment on a 3.8L whipple

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How much does the porting gain?? Would the money be better spent for down payment on a 3.8L whipple

Typically see 75 hp or so gains on the stock pulley with the porting.

Really comes down to what your goals are with the car. Porting, smaller pulley and E85 does extremely well on these.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
CAn't go wrong either way and Brett and Greg are both great guys

My comment on kong is based on his CS for which I have first hand experience. Do some searching on corvette forum for some horror stories.

He ghosted me after ****ing up the bearings on a rebuild. He eventually made it right and I do not think it was malicious but there are plenty of stories like mine.

Tezz500

Established Member
Totally different. You are probably on top of this but be sure to get the whipple brick. It is ****ing massive compared to stock and is easy money well spent. Especially with your port. Lethal had them on their black Friday list.
Wow that’s interesting. I thought all the big three were running the same supercharger guts with minor casing differences? Still the 2.65 rotor pack I assume?

I’m gonna do some minor bolt ons this winter and next winter look at porting/ fuel system upgrades. Intercooler brick is definitely on the list.

Up coming Family Disney trip cut into my slush fund a tad.

Tezz500

Established Member
My comment on kong is based on his CS for which I have first hand experience. Do some searching on corvette forum for some horror stories.

He ghosted me after ****ing up the bearings on a rebuild. He eventually made it right and I do not think it was malicious but there are plenty of stories like mine.

This is disturbing… I’m not interested in any drama. Just want the work done right and sent back to me… this is definitely a red flag.

Users who are viewing this thread