Kissimmee 2022 Mecum Auctions

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So, who watched/are watching the Kissimmee 2022 Mecum Auctions? Some of THE most exquisite restorations, orginals, customs, etc. that I have ever personally seen. Something for everyone. January 14 brought a ton of really stunning vehicles. Huge money for some really awesome cars. I watched January 14, Episode 5 and was blown away. I just saw a 1957 Chevrolet 150 Custom with black and white paint (Black Widow replica) with a 350 cu. in. fuel injected engine that sold for $95,000. It was preceded by a 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air 'Lonnie' (stunning all around) that sold for $325,000. Another 1955 Chevrolet 150 Custom with 454 cu. in. power and stunning red and black paint (gorgeous) sold for $155,000. It went on and on and on. So must automotive eye candy.

There were lots of Hemi Cudas, a custom 1970 Hemi Charger (sold for $300,000), Corvettes, Mustangs, trucks, and so much more. One of the absolute best auctions I've seen. I still have to watch an earlier January 14 episode, and January 13 (two episodes).

Anyone else get to watch Kissimmee 2022 Mecum Auctions?

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
1642200544462.gif

I do.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Here's a link to the main page of featured lots. Click on dates to see some of the stuff going on the block. You won't see sale prices unless you are registered member. Easy to do. Just provide your name and email address. Create a password. You may be asked for your address and car preferences, which I had no problem providing. I follow Mecum so I like being able to see sale prices when I'm browsing their site.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I have been watching on line all week (had it running at work off on a side screen), even bought something last sunday (not sensational, to most).

BTW today a 93 Cobra (non R) red, black cloth, 1200 miles, sold for $110k..... wow...... Many crazy numbers.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I recorded each episode so I'll spend a good part of tomorrow watching them.

A nice '67 Shelby GT500 Fastback sold for $374K.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been at the auction since Wednesday and you're right. There are some fantastic cars here and the prices reflect it. I bought a Thursday car and probably paid too much but couldn't help myself. It is a 1969 l78 "375hp 396" number matching orange chevelle with a black vinyl top.

Did you guys see the reef blue notch, I think it went for mid 40s. Prices were definitely up there. This is a must go for car guys "and girls" put it on your list.

Recon

Established Member
I've been at the auction since Wednesday and you're right. There are some fantastic cars here and the prices reflect it. I bought a Thursday car and probably paid too much but couldn't help myself. It is a 1969 l78 "375hp 396" number matching orange chevelle with a black vinyl top.

Did you guys see the reef blue notch, I think it went for mid 40s. Prices were definitely up there. This is a must go for car guys "and girls" put it on your list.

We need some photos of that soon. Hugger Orange? And what trans?
Hope to have my L78 done and in my Impala before spring is over.

Pick your poison.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

Pricing was nutty dating back to 2016 and ramping up since. 2020 was the year to buy anything as it dropped off and 2021 was a little off but 2022 appears to be rocking upwards where 2019 left off. It’s too late to 2nd guess now. If you felt good then, then you’re happy. Congratulations on the new acquisition. Most likely the stuff I’d be interested in, is out of my price range anyways, but I’ll blame that I’m just cheap and stingee lol.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
We were watching at work and some of the kids were amazed that they could get an older non-collectable great looking car for under $30k.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
We were watching at work and some of the kids were amazed that they could get an older non-collectable great looking car for under $30k.
Really at the point you’re buying for the experience vs getting a deal. Between the bidder card, 10% buyers fee, transportation, tax, etc etc. you’d better off buying or even paying more for a private party pickup where you can get into the nitty gritting of what you’re getting and for what. Show caters (rightfully so) to the exclusive, rare, high quality/ low quantity cars that you’re not going to find on car gurus dealer lots etc etc.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The reef blue with an auto, and Coyote? Ahhhh, that went for $71.5k.....

Agreed auctions are a LOT of fun, off to Scottsdale auction week, next week. Even if your not buying, its a fantastic car show.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
IDN Bob watching those auctions is like watching paint dry....... Nothing ever sells and everything is over priced.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
That’s why I record each episode, and then fast forward, stopping at only the cars or collections I’m interested in.

Most of these 3 hour blocks on motortrend I can bang out in under an hour.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone know if BJ will be back on TV after this Rona bullshit? I know the Scottsdale event has been postponed.

Users who are viewing this thread