Kissimmee 2022 Mecum Auctions

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
You sure about that ?

@specracer i believe is going
BJ 2022 Scottsdale 50th Anniversary

Why? It's not all that special. The original owner had it built probably within the last year and had all of about $150k into it.
It’s 1 of 30 bold editions. its a super snake, heck people are asking already into the 200k for a s197 SS. It’s a very, so top goes down prices go up. 6spd. Heck mecum suggestion priced was 225-240. There were a couple people whom got into a bidding war (why? Idk). It’ll be one of the last gen v8s. The market itself is intensified with premiums. It might take a small burp but it’s not going to take to pre-Covid pricing especially factoring in over 15% gdp inflation.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My link above is from the AZ Republic just a few days ago. Your linked article is from 2020.

Yes, I saw that. My link is from a month ago. I was just showing where I got my information. Maybe the AZ prohibited 50+ person gathering limit was removed?

Can anyone in the area explain what happened? Did they postpone it and then withdraw the postponement?
Weird that a local TV station would report it.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Your link refers to 2021

This is 2022, show is still on
GIF by Equipe de France de Football

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've been at the auction since Wednesday and you're right. There are some fantastic cars here and the prices reflect it. I bought a Thursday car and probably paid too much but couldn't help myself. It is a 1969 l78 "375hp 396" number matching orange chevelle with a black vinyl top.

Did you guys see the reef blue notch, I think it went for mid 40s. Prices were definitely up there. This is a must go for car guys "and girls" put it on your list.
I've been to a few BJ auctions but no Mecum auctions. It's on my bucket list, though. I honestly rarely watch BJ auctions anymore and have no desire to go to another. The vibe is so different between Mecum and BJ.

I'm going to go back through the episodes I recorded as well as watch them from today. This particular auction venue is SO cool.

IDN Bob watching those auctions is like watching paint dry....... Nothing ever sells and everything is over priced.
Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

LOL! I'm not even going to comment, except to say if you don't care to watch Kissimmee 2022, you're missing out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Anyone know if BJ will be back on TV after this Rona bullshit? I know the Scottsdale event has been postponed.
Don't know. Don't care. LOL.

How about that 2020 Super Snake that sold for $300k? Nuts.
I missed that one. I'll be watching for it when I go back through my recordings.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Don't know. Don't care. LOL.

I missed that one. I'll be watching for it when I go back through my recordings.
Lol why the hate for the BJ auctions?
Mecum sucks to watch. Reserve auctions are just boring. It's like a night full of sex without the big "O".

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
How about the National park 1936 white bus, for $1.3m (hammer)??!!

A lot of stuff is selling at Mecum. The Ken Miles GT350 did, $3.7m hammer. The Hemi Cuda did not yesterday at $2.1m

Auction week in Scottsdale is MUCH more than just BJ. 1st is warm (getting us out of New England). Then the other auctions are equal if not more fun. RM, Bohnams, and Gooding (Gooding is sadly on line this year). All you need to do is go, and look. Got our credentials, going next week. Highly recommended.

Recon

Established Member
Really wished I could’ve watched the Panther Pink T/A Challenger auction. It should’ve been in episode 6 but that episode ended with about 20 cars short of its number.

Pick your poison.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m actually at the Kissimmee Mecum auction. Just got back to my hotel. A lot of the cars In there are wild. 1993 Foxbody Cobra sold for $110k. 2004 cobra with 8,100 miles sold for $44k. 1970 boss 429 sold for $407k.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Lol why the hate for the BJ auctions?
Mecum sucks to watch. Reserve auctions are just boring. It's like a night full of sex without the big "O".
Sorry, I disagree! LOL. I enjoy watching the negotiations going on to get the seller to pull the reserve. I like it all, Reserves or Non-Reserves. What I don't like about BJ is how they too often favor the big money sellers, often keeping their auctions going longer (sometimes WAY longer) than they do for the smaller sellers. They tend to work harder for the big gun sellers. It was almost comical watching Craig Jackson hugging and laughing it up with the big money players at the venues I attended. To me, Mecum is the blue-collar auction venue. Big money as well, but the vibe is just different.

BJ definitely has their fan base. I'm just not one of them. :cool:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
How about the National park 1936 white bus, for $1.3m (hammer)??!!

A lot of stuff is selling at Mecum. The Ken Miles GT350 did, $3.7m hammer. The Hemi Cuda did not yesterday at $2.1m

Auction week in Scottsdale is MUCH more than just BJ. 1st is warm (getting us out of New England). Then the other auctions are equal if not more fun. RM, Bohnams, and Gooding (Gooding is sadly on line this year). All you need to do is go, and look. Got our credentials, going next week. Highly recommended.
Andy, I will agree that Scottsdale is an awesome destination. Are you going to "old" Scottsdale? Some interesting eateries there. Scottsdale itself is beautiful. Hard not to like the place a lot. And, like you said, getting out of New England is, well, pleasurable this time of year. Enjoy your trip.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Yesterday (Saturday) They had around 40 cars not meet reserve, which means that they had about 80% sell. They also said right at the end of the stream, that they did $70m, just yesterday. One of their biggest days ever.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Andy, I'm about to start watching Kissimmee from day 1. I'm looking forward to seeing (in some cases, again) some of the big sales.

$70M just yesterday is huge. Wow!

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Well auction just ended, they has $200m up on the board as the stream ended. The auctioneers were saying was a record week.

Users who are viewing this thread