Kirkey racing seats in a Cobra

IKankerr

Established Member
My friend has some in his F Body and I found them really comfortable. I don't daily the cobra it serves one purpose and she's to heavy now. So to my real question is, anyone running a kirkey seat and what mounting brackets are you using?

TORQJNKY

My car is pretty much a Saturday only driver. When I bought it, the previous owner did some open track and road course racing with it and it had Kirkey seats in it. They were in fact comfortable but a pain to get in and out of and the 5-point seat harnesses just got old, especially when I tried to reach into the passenger seat to get something and couldn't do it. So I sold them and put in some aftermarket CF and leather seats.

They were mounted using the Kirkey seat mounting brackets (99204) which were hard mounted to two large aluminum angle pieces on either side, which bolted to four smaller L-bracket aluminum pieces that were affixed to the floor board in the factory seat mounting holes. It was a bastardized system but it looked good and the seats did not move one bit. Here is the only pic I still have of the car with them mounted. The first thing I did was replace those nasty red seat covers :xpl: with black ones. Hope this helps.

Then and now pics.

Last edited:

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
I have kirkeys(If I remember correctly they are the 41 series), installed by the previous owner...can't remember what brackets he used.
They are much more comfortable than they look. Only issue is the passenger seat doesn't have the back support brace going to the roll bar....so it feels pretty loose. I'd imagine without it if you put your foot down you'd be all over the place.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
I will get a set of those Cobra Misano seats. I will sell my Anniversary seats to help offset the cost but I will still have to shell out $2k. Thats based on getting one thousand dollars for the 10th Anniversary seats. Those Misano L or Misano AL are the only worthy replacements that I could find which also recline. They also have COBRA on there as well. Good purchase!!!!

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a weight difference of nearly 50Lbs between the stock 03 cobra drivers seat and the Cobra Misano seat? Are these numbers accurate: 75lbs stock cobra and 25lbs Cobra Misano? As I understand the passenger seat is not as heavy.

TORQJNKY

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a weight difference of nearly 50Lbs between the stock 03 cobra drivers seat and the Cobra Misano seat? Are these numbers accurate: 75lbs stock cobra and 25lbs Cobra Misano? As I understand the passenger seat is not as heavy.

Not sure the weight of the stock seats, my car didn't have them in it when I got it. I can confirm however that the Cobra Misano's only weigh 25lbs.

BigSweezey

<insert witty title here>
Established Member
Per cobra bob's site.
Front driver seat: 62 lbs (replace with lightweight seat)
Front passenger seat: 43 lbs (replace with lightweight seat or just delete)

03snakeminated

Established Member
They are. The first pic is of the Kirkey's and the second pic is of the new seats I installed after the Kirkey's because I didn't care for them that much.
good choice on doing the swap those kirkeys look horrendous but the misanos :rockon: are you using stock seat belts on the misanos? i think the fact that they look good and are a weight redux of around 55lbs vs stock seats, its somethinh i might consider doing in the near future...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread