kind of a different roadkill and kind sad and kind gross

badjuicedgt

Established Member
Ok so I live in a pretty small town and we have one major highway that runs by the town. Until last week I had never heard of this guy that would go out and drive around and if he would see a dead cat that had been hit by a car and was driving by and saw the cat he would stop and pick the cat up. Fast forward to last week he was out on the highway and saw a cat that had been hit so he stopped to pick it up and didn't look for cars coming down the highway and walked out in front of his car and was killed. The weird thing about this when the police went to his house and went inside there were 4 large freezers full of dead cats frozen in zip lock bags in case someone was out looking or their cat and wanted to bury it, police said it looked like some had been in there 10 years maybe more.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Damnnnn,...that's messed up!
I wonder what the heck he was doing with all those frozen cats? Feeding them to large reptiles? lol

StrayBullitt

Established Member
One time I was pulling a trailer loaded with some junk that we had helped my Wife's aunt move. It shifted and my tarp came loose and I had to pull over on the highway and re-secure it. The tarp got stuck between some stuff and I was kinda trying to hurry and tried to just pull it free, just as I was about to pull, out of the corner of my eye in a moments notice saw a car coming at me. I paused for a sec and waited for it to pass by. ON the next pull the tarp ripped and I lost my footing and flew back and landed on my back on the highway... if I didn't see that car right before I would have been hit for sure... dead meat. I think about that a lot. Always watch for cars guys ! ;)

RIP to those cats, I am sure at least a couple of them were nice .

Kiohtee

Established Member
I get the funny of posting this here, but this should be in Roadside so it will be seen and read by more people, pretty good stories so far!

@03cobra#694

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now that is a really bizarre story. People sometimes do the strangest things with their lives. This guy did that, and lost his. Wonder if his family (?) knew what he was collecting.

decipha

Established Member
Getting hit by a vehicle is no joke. It happens in a blink of an eye. On October 17th 2007 I was driving back from my friends house on I-55 southbound from hammond, LA headed home to new orleans. Next thing I know the front driver side tire blew so I pulled over on the shoulder to change it. I parked the car as far off the road as I possibly could and put it on a slight angle so the front was damn near up against the bridge guard. I broke the lugs nuts loose slide the tire under the car and just as I stood up and turned to go grab the spare tire a walmart 18 wheeler drifted off the road and side swiped the back end of the car. My immediate reflexes kicked in and I involuntarily jumped up and turned my head away from the on coming rig which is what saved my life. The front cab missed me but the trailer caught me on my right side and threw my body down the interstate. I remember hitting the ground and looking up to see it pulling away puffing black smoke. It hit me so hard it knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't breathe. That was the last I remembered before I lost conscientiousness. I woke up what must have been not even a few seconds later and found myself in the middle of I-55 at 12 o'clock midnight. My first thought was holy shit I just got hit by an 18 wheeler. I then had this brief moment of not knowing if I was dead or alive. I came to my senses and figured I had to be alive since I was questioning it. I then realized I was laying in the middle of the interstate at 12 o'clock midnight in the middle of no where with no lights or anything. I knew I had to move off the road quickly or I would definitely get ran over and killed. As soon as I went to go move my body it wouldn't respond. That's when I began to panic and some how was able to move my left arm. With just that arm I managed to drag myself back to the car and thankfully I had my cell phone under the car that I was using for a light. Had I left it in the car theres no possible way I would have been able to get to it. I called for help and laid there waiting. My phone was almost dead before I even left my buddies house and usually when it got low it would shut off pretty quick. That night it was a miracle how long it lasted. While I was laying there I thought about a lot of stuff mostly my family and all the things I wanted to do in life that I would never get the chance to. I called my friends that I just left and told them about the accident and said my good byes. For some reason I called my aunt who Ive never called and had no idea why other than she was the closest family member to where I was at and told her what happened, she hung up on me. I tried calling my mom countless times but couldn't reach her. Eventually I was just left with my thoughts which was probably the worst part of all. I laid there knowing there was no possible way I wasn't going to live and eventually I accepted death and was even ok with it. I figured it was my time. It took forever for the ambulance to get there. When they arrived they were surprised I was still alive. They assumed it was a fatality being a head on with a big rig not expecting me to be alive. Any way I broke my hand pelvis foot and had some minor ribs and spinal cord injuries. After getting transferred to a better more suitable hospital 4 moths later I pulled through with no major permanent problems other than a bad ligament in my right arm that still wakes me up in the middle of the night and a loss of vision in one eye. I was just thankful, for a while we didn't know if I was ever going to be able to walk again. On that same night there was a slidell man that got hit on the interstate in kenner not more than 15 miles away from me that got hit by a chevy colorado pick up truck. I keep his obituary in my wallet. For the longest time there was a blood stain on the interstate from where I landed to where I drug myself back to car and a big old pool where I bled out waiting.

So yea man your lucky. Don't take it for granted.

blk02edge

Established Member
I live in a small town with a highway going through... I wonder how many dead cats are being stored in freezers here, Id bet plenty, tons of weirdos in small towns

quad

Established Member
Top 5 weirdest stories I've read since joining SVTP. Love this place lol.
This has to be #1.

Enumclaw horse sex case - Wikipedia

The incident that killed Pinyan occurred at a 40-acre (16 ha) farm,[14] located in an unincorporated area in King County, Washington,[15] five miles northwest of the city of Enumclaw.[14] Pinyan, and a man named James Michael Tait (a truck driver who lived in a trailer next to the farm), plus another unidentified man, often visited the farm for sexual purposes. After either Pinyan or the other man recorded Tait being penetrated by a stallion, Tait then filmed Pinyan submitting to the same act. During this incident, Pinyan sustained internal injuries including a perforated colon.[2]

Pinyan was anonymously dropped off at the Enumclaw Community Hospital.[14][16] On July 2, 2005, a man asked hospital staff for medical assistance for his companion. Pinyan was found dead in the emergency room, aged 45. The man who brought Pinyan into the hospital had disappeared by the time hospital staff came to contact him.[14] According to the Medical Examiner's Office, Pinyan "died of acute peritonitis due to perforation of the colon",[14] and the death was ruled accidental.[17]

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Getting hit by a vehicle is no joke. It happens in a blink of an eye. On October 17th 2007 I was driving back from my friends house on I-55 southbound from hammond, LA headed home to new orleans. Next thing I know the front driver side tire blew so I pulled over on the shoulder to change it. I parked the car as far off the road as I possibly could and put it on a slight angle so the front was damn near up against the bridge guard. I broke the lugs nuts loose slide the tire under the car and just as I stood up and turned to go grab the spare tire a walmart 18 wheeler drifted off the road and side swiped the back end of the car. My immediate reflexes kicked in and I involuntarily jumped up and turned my head away from the on coming rig which is what saved my life. The front cab missed me but the trailer caught me on my right side and threw my body down the interstate. I remember hitting the ground and looking up to see it pulling away puffing black smoke. It hit me so hard it knocked the wind out of me and I couldn't breathe. That was the last I remembered before I lost conscientiousness. I woke up what must have been not even a few seconds later and found myself in the middle of I-55 at 12 o'clock midnight. My first thought was holy shit I just got hit by an 18 wheeler. I then had this brief moment of not knowing if I was dead or alive. I came to my senses and figured I had to be alive since I was questioning it. I then realized I was laying in the middle of the interstate at 12 o'clock midnight in the middle of no where with no lights or anything. I knew I had to move off the road quickly or I would definitely get ran over and killed. As soon as I went to go move my body it wouldn't respond. That's when I began to panic and some how was able to move my left arm. With just that arm I managed to drag myself back to the car and thankfully I had my cell phone under the car that I was using for a light. Had I left it in the car theres no possible way I would have been able to get to it. I called for help and laid there waiting. My phone was almost dead before I even left my buddies house and usually when it got low it would shut off pretty quick. That night it was a miracle how long it lasted. While I was laying there I thought about a lot of stuff mostly my family and all the things I wanted to do in life that I would never get the chance to. I called my friends that I just left and told them about the accident and said my good byes. For some reason I called my aunt who Ive never called and had no idea why other than she was the closest family member to where I was at and told her what happened, she hung up on me. I tried calling my mom countless times but couldn't reach her. Eventually I was just left with my thoughts which was probably the worst part of all. I laid there knowing there was no possible way I wasn't going to live and eventually I accepted death and was even ok with it. I figured it was my time. It took forever for the ambulance to get there. When they arrived they were surprised I was still alive. They assumed it was a fatality being a head on with a big rig not expecting me to be alive. Any way I broke my hand pelvis foot and had some minor ribs and spinal cord injuries. After getting transferred to a better more suitable hospital 4 moths later I pulled through with no major permanent problems other than a bad ligament in my right arm that still wakes me up in the middle of the night and a loss of vision in one eye. I was just thankful, for a while we didn't know if I was ever going to be able to walk again. On that same night there was a slidell man that got hit on the interstate in kenner not more than 15 miles away from me that got hit by a chevy colorado pick up truck. I keep his obituary in my wallet. For the longest time there was a blood stain on the interstate from where I landed to where I drug myself back to car and a big old pool where I bled out waiting.

That’s a crazy story! Did that truck driver even stop, did he know he even hit you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

quad

Established Member

Wow that's an amazing event you went through. And I can visualize it perfectly from your words. I can't believe your aunt hung up on you. Did she at least call anyone? If not I wonder how she felt after realizing what happened to you.

decipha

Established Member
No the truck never stopped it was a hit and run. I truly believe he fell asleep and when he took out the car he had to have woken up so hopefully he never knew he physically hit me at least I couldn't imagine someone being so cold hearted they would leave someone like that. Either way last I seen of the truck it was puffin black smoke so he was definitely trying to get away. Sucks cuz walmart has a distribution center not too far from where it happened and they constantly have trucks going that route so it was impossible to determine which truck was at fault.

Yea my aunt is a pretty self centered selfish person shes the last person in the world I would have thought that I would ever call. I have no explanation why I called her other than she being the closest relative I had to where the accident occurred. I seen her in person for Mardi Gras of 2013 and she didn't so much as mention anything.

quad

Established Member
No the truck never stopped it was a hit and run. I truly believe he fell asleep and when he took out the car he had to have woken up so hopefully he never knew he physically hit me at least I couldn't imagine someone being so cold hearted they would leave someone like that. Either way last I seen of the truck it was puffin black smoke so he was definitely trying to get away. Sucks cuz walmart has a distribution center not too far from where it happened and they constantly have trucks going that route so it was impossible to determine which truck was at fault.

Yea my aunt is a pretty self centered selfish person shes the last person in the world I would have thought that I would ever call. I have no explanation why I called her other than she being the closest relative I had to where the accident occurred. I seen her in person for Mardi Gras of 2013 and she didn't so much as mention anything.
Wow. Karma will get the truck driver one day. Your aunt sounds like a piece of work to put it nicely.

CV355

_
Established Member
Oh cool, dead cat stories!

2006-ish, I believe... Middle of winter in CT, found some big damn dead yellow cat while using the snowblower. I picked it up, swung around a few times and shot-putted the damn thing off into the woods. Trust me, you don't want to hit a dead frozen cat with a snowblower, it trashes the blades and can snap a shear pin instantly. Didn't think much of it. Kept snowblowing the road so the town plow could knock it all back in later anyways.

When the snow started melting and you could see out over the plow heaves, turns out that cat was stuck in the crotch of a tree about 5' from the road. Frozen solid. We just left it there until it started to get warm outside and bloated up.

One day, two rednecks in a rusted pickup pulled up next to tree-cat, got out, took the cat, and drove off.

Users who are viewing this thread