Killer SVTP Deal on Trackspec Motorsports Hood Vents

s351

Established Member
I believe that was if 10 people committed by the original end date.

When you put the louvers on and riveted them, did you put a washer on the under side of the hood? I've read when riveting fiberglass you're suppose to put a washer on the bottom for strength and to make sure not to split anything.

BYEPOLR

Established Member
When you put the louvers on and riveted them, did you put a washer on the under side of the hood? I've read when riveting fiberglass you're suppose to put a washer on the bottom for strength and to make sure not to split anything.

If you drill the holes the proper size and use the supplied rivets there won’t be any need. I riveted them in an x pattern to keep the stress even while securing them. Zero issues. They’re SUPER light so it doesn’t stress the hood whatsoever

s351

Established Member
If you drill the holes the proper size and use the supplied rivets there won’t be any need. I riveted them in an x pattern to keep the stress even while securing them. Zero issues. They’re SUPER light so it doesn’t stress the hood whatsoever

Thanks for the reply, I just thought I'd check and see what everyone was doing.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
The main reason people put the washer on is so the rivet has something better to grab. Some say it’s to spread the load out and others do it if the holes slightly larger it helps form while bucking.

McDonnell Douglas did that a lot but most don’t do it anymore

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
23b595c93b07be365bf028978eb184f6.jpg

They’ve arrived. Now do I powder coat them to match my DSG or keep them black to match my Rovos wheels and black accents on the car??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BYEPOLR

Established Member
hey fellas, I just wanted to reach out to thank each of you that followed through with your commitment. John is very appreciative and it speaks volumes about our community. I hope each of you enjoy your setup. They are super sharp for sure
-Joe

red351wcobra

Established Member
Just finished a full day at Hallett Motor racing circuit. I can say for sure the competition hood vents helped a lot. And I’ve lost track of all the compliments I have received about the vents. They really make the car meaner lookin too.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
Those vents look great. I tried to figure out a way to make similar years ago out of fiberglass but didn't have a way to mass produce them.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
08E53AE9-8D48-4B30-BD33-BC10E8F1D477.jpeg B91F90D7-E33F-45D5-827E-2169AAB666D3.jpeg BE57DB63-A456-4050-AE14-255905A18B7A.jpeg 66A3FFF8-3D4C-4B50-9057-F8392B013122.jpeg

Ok, so no one has posted install pics yet...so here are some. Had a friend of mine that is a body shop guy and he’s amazing. So I had him cut the openings. Set the templates, taped everything, and started cutting. Then I took the hood home and did the install. I actually had three rivets not break off correctly, so I dremeled them down but am unhappy with those. So I may drill them out and reinstall them.

Couple of things to note: Use a piece of fuel hose on your drill bit to keep the drill from going to far. Use the included templates to mark the cut lines then remove the template. Use a file to smooth the edges in the hole you just cut. I bought some touch up paint and painted the edges and any paint that may have chipped.

Now, as far as the smaller vents, pay very close attention to the directions. Do NOT go past hand tight with the ratchet. It will do exactly as the directions say, it will deform. That’s exactly what happened with mine. I criss-crossed tightening them and then followed up the corner nuts and tightened them some more and it pulled them in too much. Neighbor said he wouldn’t have never noticed that but I did. So I may reorder the pair.

Pics coming...

Last edited:

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
I honestly LOVE the way these vents look...they make that hood look meaner...and hopefully extract a lot of heat, ROFL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread