Killer Chiller or Bigger Heat Exchanger for Tork Tech GT

superstang01

Established Member
Just wondering which will be better for my set up. I was seeing IATs in the 150-160 range last summer and I would definitely like to run a lot cooler then that. Its a short summer here in Canada, but the temps do get up into the 90s in July/august which is what I am most concerned about.

So, What would you guys do? Killer Chiller or a nice big heat exchanger?

Thanks!

cinch1985

Established Member
e85 and the big cx racing inner cooler is what i did. never really noticed heat soak even on back to back pulls in them summer.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Go for a larger heat exchanger first and if that does not help you out much, buy the killer chiller.

superstang01

Established Member
correct me if I am wrong, but, I think I remember reading somewhere that to see the best results with the killer chiller you need to run the stock heat exchanger on the cobra?

04svtsnke

Established Member
correct me if I am wrong, but, I think I remember reading somewhere that to see the best results with the killer chiller you need to run the stock heat exchanger on the cobra?

That is correct. The larger surface are of the bigger heat exchangers actually works against the killer chiller. Your best bet is to get the killer chiller. It'll consiststly keep your iats low and will never heat soak like any of the aftermarket heat exchangers will do eventually.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Wish I could be of more help on this topic, but I broke my car before I really got to test out how well my chiseled performance trunk mounted reservoir and LFP dual pass did the job this year.

I've read nothing but good things about the killer chiller, so if you can swing that I'd definitely go for it. I'm not sure if you're using a stock intercooler tank either but a larger capacity reservoir would also be a good thing as well. The more intercooler fluid you can have the longer it takes to heat up. But remember with more fluid you'll need a more sufficient than stock heat exchanger to keep it cool. So an AFCO or LFP dual pass would be another great option.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
I mean no offense to you or your setup when I say this but I personally would never buy anything from a site called I love body kits.com.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Wish I could be of more help on this topic, but I broke my car before I really got to test out how well my chiseled performance trunk mounted reservoir and LFP dual pass did the job this year.

I've read nothing but good things about the killer chiller, so if you can swing that I'd definitely go for it. I'm not sure if you're using a stock intercooler tank either but a larger capacity reservoir would also be a good thing as well. The more intercooler fluid you can have the longer it takes to heat up. But remember with more fluid you'll need a more sufficient than stock heat exchanger to keep it cool. So an AFCO or LFP dual pass would be another great option.

That's the whole point I'm trying to make. By the time he gets a new heat exchanger and reservoir, he basically has enough money invested to get a killer chiller which will ALWAYS keep his temps right around freezing. During summer time, I don't care how big you tank/heat exchanger is, you'll eventually heat soak if he car is in sit and go traffic or even on the highway on a really hot day.

Stock heat exchanger, bigger reservoir, killer chiller, lines insulated will keep your iats in check even on the hottest day

I mean no offense to you or your setup when I say this but I personally would never buy anything from a site called I love body kits.com.
Rofl

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
And I totally agree. There are times I myself regret deleting my A/C because I cant use a killer chiller now. But for me my cars purpose is mainly a show/cruiser car that I'm not concerned with milking the most power out of. The initial cost of the killer chiller sucks but it will definitely be leaps and bounds better than the other things mentioned which will almost end up costing you the same.

superstang01

Established Member
is there anything else needed for the killer chiller? Will my cobra intercooler pump be fine?

also, where do I order? straight from the website??

Users who are viewing this thread