Killer Chiller guys step in

Black93Fox

Established Member
So I've got the kit from Joe looking for some advice and pictures of how everyone did the install. Wanting to do a clean install. Did you guys buy the the 3 way ball valves for by passing the heat exchanger? I'm on the fence about this because if the HE is bypassed then you have to have the AC running and it's not like a switch you can hit to open/close the valves your gonna have to get under the car to do it anyone have thoughts on this? Also guys that did the AC charge them selfs where was good place to buy the equipment to evac the system and charge it?

bigmoose

Established Member
Mine is a weekend fun car so I just have the HE bypassed full time. No problems yet.

You can get a gauge set and vacuum pump at harbor freight for cheap.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I can sit on the grond and reach up behind the OE fog light to throw the 3 way valve, takes about 10 secs. Insulate EVERYTHING that will sweat including the drier and IC tank. I use HFT gauges and rent a vac. pump from auto parts store. Feel free to email me [email protected] with any other questions etc. I've had the KC in my car for 5-6 yrs now.

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Yeah charge it yourself with industrial refrigerant. Having the AC tools is pretty useful. Like tractionless said insulate everything. ALL IC coolant lines and the cold side AC lines. Get a larger intercooler tank and insulate that too.

0-MYSTACHROME-4

Established Member
Yeah i did the same. 3 way bypass valve an insulated everything. I have an extra new 3 way bypass valve and a bunch of insulation left. Let me know if you need the valve and insulation. I will give you a good deal on it

Black93Fox

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys, I'm gonna install it with the valves and be able to use the HE. I live in WA so ac isn't needed a lot threw out the year. Did you guys use the 3 way stainless ball valves Joe recommends off ebay?

cgarray17

Established Member
there is a right up somewhere on here that they found an electric valve that worked so they could just flip a switch and it would go from having the HE to bypassing the HE. When i get the time im going to do this and a new afco HE and insulation my lines as the place that installed mine did no insulation. But i have a vert so when im just cursing around town top down i have ac off.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I initially ran this setup; however, replumbed (twice) for the valve for peace of mind and the option to not use the AC that 1 day a year when the ambient temps are lower than KC cooled IC fluid.

That was my initial thought but I've discovered even when it's 30 ~ 40F here my IAT2s will still get hotter than what guys are reporting with a KC so it seems pointless for me to even keep the HE. Mine's not running yet but we'll see in a couple months.

Tractionless1

Established Member
That was my initial thought but I've discovered even when it's 30 ~ 40F here my IAT2s will still get hotter than what guys are reporting with a KC so it seems pointless for me to even keep the HE. Mine's not running yet but we'll see in a couple months.

10-4 when going for all otu performance no matter the ambient temp. it's KC all the way. When cold out but just cruising etc. I'll let it flow throug the HE alone or in addition to the KC.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ive seen a few photos of some insulated tanks but would running a TF powder coated tank at least stop the sweating? Or should I just go ugly and insulate the aftermarket brushed aluminum that I have?

Users who are viewing this thread