Kid needs a power wheel. Suggestions?

96dreamer

Established Member
If you have basic wiring/electrical knowledge you can get a SLA battery off Amazon for about half the price as the ML Toys replacements. I have a second 12ah 12v battery under the passenger seat in parallel. If I ever upgrade to 24 volt it will work for that too.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
If you have basic wiring/electrical knowledge you can get a SLA battery off Amazon for about half the price as the ML Toys replacements. I have a second 12ah 12v battery under the passenger seat in parallel. If I ever upgrade to 24 volt it will work for that too.
I went with a 12V 12Ah Lithium battery because it was the same price as a factory replacement ($70) half the weight and charges within 2 hours. The one I got fits the Dune Racer battery compartment perfectly and the Jeep could take a slightly larger one and since it has a larger compartment in front, I too could wire in parallel for 24V (which the Jeep can handle with the new motors). Nothing better than putting a smile on your kids faces when you make their rides a little faster!

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Bought a couple 12v things for the kids. None of them made it past 3 years old before jumping to gas quads lol. Youngest rides a YFZ50 now and oldest is about to grow out of his DS90X.

There is a decent mod community for the electric stuff. Some of the 48v modded things are pretty silly. I’d recommend looking into whatever is easily made faster as the kids will want more very quickly, in my experience.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is what I first thought of because of my kids, yeah I'm old.
c935ee35d7467d674f14e27d77f57a53.jpg
My first thought as well. LOL. My son had one and he had a blast with it. Cheap fun!

CLN 6R

Established Member
How do I get my kid out of this thing....

View attachment 1794409View attachment 1794410View attachment 1794411View attachment 1794412View attachment 1794413

Arrived yesterday and she basically spent all night in it and was up at 5:30am, full sprint to get into it.

We ended up going out for breakfast and then the local RideNow to look at real ones. I've created a monster.
How do you like it? We have a small ATV for my kids but it’s a single 12v and just doesn’t have the oomph and on inclines the motor whines and sometimes looses engagement of the drive unit. Did you buy it from the big toys direct site?

IMG_4570.jpeg
IMG_4567.jpeg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I really wanted to buy that Halo warthog one for nostalgia and it goes 9mph.
The turret on the back was cool too.

That can am is pretty cool. Is it wide enough for 2 kids?

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I really wanted to buy that Halo warthog one for nostalgia and it goes 9mph.
The turret on the back was cool too.

That can am is pretty cool. Is it wide enough for 2 kids?

Two small kids. Claims to support 120lbs.

Removing the roll cage would open up head and shoulder room.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How do you like it? We have a small ATV for my kids but it’s a single 12v and just doesn’t have the oomph and on inclines the motor whines and sometimes looses engagement of the drive unit. Did you buy it from the big toys direct site?

View attachment 1794640View attachment 1794641

Yeah bought it from BigWheels. I could have saved $30 on AliExpress but whatever.

It's damn quick in High mode. You'd have to full sprint to keep up. I got her in low which is a walking pace. It's for no problem climbing curbs and going over grass and mulch.

We've yet to test the battery limit. It's a heavy and doesn't free roll making it hard to move without power. Turning radius also sucks.

She loves the radio which works really well. Came with some pre loaded songs too.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Our kids now 18 and 22, WORE out the front wheels of a Peg Perego Deere Gator. I had to change them twice. Also had 2 power wheels, but the Gator was the favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread