Kid karts

sleek98

Established Member
Does anyone have their kids race go karts? I used to race when i was in my teens on sprint tracks. My son will turn 5 this year so i am wanting to get him into it as well.

Blown 89

Established Member
He's too young but I imagine he's going to see dad racing karts and want to do it too.

Head out to your local track and see what engines they have the kids running then open your wallet and bend over. It will be a good opportunity for you to get back into it too.

bglf83

Established Member
Razor has a small electric cart that is inexpensive. There are some other electric carts on Amazon.

nxhappy

Established Member
meh, would be better to get your kid onna dirt bike ;)

sleek98

Established Member
Been on Ekartingnews actually been a member since 2002 or 2003.

Picking up a chassis for him today. It’s a brand new kart never been ran for a grand, local shop closed down and liquidated their inventory and this guy got it as part of a deal on his. Normally they sell for 2,200-2,500 plus tax. Got to source a motor now. Will likely be all in for 2,000-2,500 after a motor and his gear.

I used to race Yamaha pipe and 125 shifters. The shifters are a bit much on the small tracks but loved it on the road course. The .33 mile local track the Yamaha actually ran a faster time since it’s so tight.

Blown 89

Established Member
He also said 5 year old.
5 is when most race tracks allow kids to start competing.
Kid-KartHunter-Graves.jpg

Blown 89

Established Member
That's a damn good deal for a frame. It's too bad there aren't any good forums for karting so there was a better exchange of information and used good. That's the most frustrating part of karting IMO.

sleek98

Established Member
Yeah they get a post every couple days. And the kid kart groups on Facebook are about the same a post here and there. Nothing compared to the car community.

I’ll checkout the other forum. Thanks

Here he is in the new kart.

image1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread