Kicking around selling/trading my Novi 2000 and picking up a stock Termi setup. Thoughts?

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Long story short, bought a 2000 Steeda car that came with the Novi 2000. I'm 4V swapping it and not sure if I want to keep it with the centri or go with the Termi setup (and then later on upgrade the HU). Car is IRS swapped with full poly bushings and all new parts, I'm building a WAP block/C headed motor on the side good to about 600-700hp. Transmission is the original 34k mile T45 that shifts perfectly and will get a 26 spline input while its all out. Car is going to be a 90% street car with fun days at the track on the weekends sometimes.

Anyone gone from the positive displacment setup to centri or vice versa and have any thoughts or opinions?

Inj3cti0n

Established Member
I like the drivability of my 03 cobra with the eaton, but for power i have a built 99 cobra making 700 atm, novi can take you to 1000, for more than mid 5s youll need something bigger than an eaton

Sent from my SM-G928P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I think your biggest issue now is going to be finding a full eaton swap. They don't seem to pop up as much as they used to.

I was a centri guy before I bought my 04. That car was 99.9% street. I had tons of fun with it. Sometimes I wish I had held on to my F1A set up. I came really close to swapping it onto the 04. Deliverability was never really an issue. I drove that car to Buena Park quite a few times. As well as to Az and Vegas.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Yeah probably... turbo is not an option really because I am going to go with a Steeda K. You guys have a gear recommendation for this setup? Probably going to be a stock low mileage 4V (not terminator) with a mach intake, 99 Cobra intake cams (202 duration) that will be degreed and advanced and the intercooled Novi.

Car will be mostly street or I would just go 4.30s for a track car. Has 3.27s in it now. Trans is the stock butter shifting 34k mile T-45. Don't want to be shifting out of 1st after 2 seconds but also want to get into boost fast enough so its not a turd... which was my main reason for kicking around switching to an Eaton.

Users who are viewing this thread