KIA Stinger vs Mustang

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
There is a tuner out here who had two Stingers at the track last time I was there. One was stock running 12.9-13.1 and the other was supposedly tune only running 12.1. Sort of chuckled cause that guy probably got so much shit for being a tuner for just Kias, but look who's laughing now! Lol
laughing all the way to the bank! When you're the only one that can do the job sheeeeit.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I really like the Hyundai version in the MT article. Very very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There is a tuner out here who had two Stingers at the track last time I was there. One was stock running 12.9-13.1 and the other was supposedly tune only running 12.1. Sort of chuckled cause that guy probably got so much shit for being a tuner for just Kias, but look who's laughing now! Lol
Tork Motorsports?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Tork Motorsports?

Maybe, couldn't tell you for sure. I didnt talk to them but was told who was driving the cars by another friend who is a tuner. He said the guy was a tuner and was getting a lot more business with the Stingers being out.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
It’s almost like the cj intake for the GM guys

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

FB4D39AD-0E3B-40B2-B23D-A9831E4D3C17.jpeg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Maybe, couldn't tell you for sure. I didnt talk to them but was told who was driving the cars by another friend who is a tuner. He said the guy was a tuner and was getting a lot more business with the Stingers being out.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tork, since they are from WA and have been doing what they can on the Stinger. I think the fastest his shop car has been was 12.1, but it had more than just a tune (FMIC, intakes, muffler delete, secondary cat deletes).

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised if it was Tork, since they are from WA and have been doing what they can on the Stinger. I think the fastest his shop car has been was 12.1, but it had more than just a tune (FMIC, intakes, muffler delete, secondary cat deletes).

Oh okay. Sounds like it is the probably the same one then. The car was pretty quiet and sounded just like the other one and someone said it was tune only going low 12s so I believed it. This was last summer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like the Hyundai version in the MT article. Very very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
It sure is. I'm hoping to find Genesis G70 3.3L AWD locally that I can test drive. My local Hyundai dealer use to sell Genesis, but I think Genesis now has their own dealership. Just have to find one close enough.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Oh okay. Sounds like it is the probably the same one then. The car was pretty quiet and sounded just like the other one and someone said it was tune only going low 12s so I believed it. This was last summer.
Theirs is blue and f'ing loud! Lol

Burger Tunings current development on the stinger. Good info for those interested.

Stinger JB4 Pure Hyrid Turbo Testing - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
There's a guy with a Stinger local me that a friend knows who just ordered a JB4 with an E85 tune. I want to see how badly he'll beat me, but he's RWD and that gives me a dig advantage unless he puts a good tire under it. Car should be a hoot! Lap3 also has a hybrid turbo setup.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

There's a guy with a Stinger local me that a friend knows who just ordered a JB4 with an E85 tune. I want to see how badly he'll beat me, but he's RWD and that gives me a dig advantage unless he puts a good tire under it. Car should be a hoot! Lap3 also has a hybrid turbo setup.

Both cars that were there with them were blue but their car was not that loud from what I remember. Maybe it didnt have the exhaust parts on at the time. Hard to say being that long ago. I just remember seeing the ET and it getting out of the hole pretty hard.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

I just watched the video of their run and I remember that Mustang, so I was there for that and actually sitting right near whoever filmed it. The Mustang drowned out the Stinger so that explains why I dont remember it being loud lol. Their shop is right down where I used to work too. They are in the same complex Rainier Arms started out of.

Users who are viewing this thread