KIA Stinger vs Mustang

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Kia has really done a LOT in the last 15 years... and I’m sure they are great cars.

But they just aren’t something I would ever consider. And to their credit, they’ve attracted plenty of people to them despite what my opinion, and that of others on an SVT Performance website would say.

But GawdDamn... that stinger is 3K less than my GT500. I just see Zero worlds in which a 54,000 dollar 4dr Kia sells a single model.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
That’s a ridiculous price point IMO. And there is no way it will hold it’s value better than the cars it competes with. For those reasons I don’t expect many to be sold.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
That mighty Mustang sure took a beating in that review. Not a fan of Kia but the stinger does look like it could be fun to drive.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Ah, the power of AWD! The car will always run what it's supposed to run minus any negative effects courtesy of DA. The Stinger, regardless of how nice of a car it is, and it is IMO, will lose to even a first generation Coyote on the streets 10 out of 10 times. Unless the driver is just absolutely atrocious.

TERMN8U

Established Member
If you can, read the Motor Trend COTY article in the last issue. I had not heard of the G70 either. But that article showed me that this sedan is the absolute real deal. BETTER than the BMW 3 Series in every area. That got my attention. Slam dunk! Here's the online version of the MT COTY article.
Genesis G70 is the 2019 MotorTrend Car of the Year - Motor Trend

Hey @TERMN8U, you should read the article, too. You see, Genesis is a Korean brand. Yep, the Genesis is Korean. And the G70 spanked the venerable BMW 3 Series in every area. It's a better car! The Genesis arm of Hyundai is stacked with automotive top management talent lured away from companies like BMW. After reading the article (even better, test drive a G70), do you still say you'd never drive a Korean brand?

The Kia Stinger is the real deal. But I would rather buy a Genesis G70 over the Kia Stinger with both about the same price.
Thank you for the article.
I was referring to the fact that we are not competing on a level playing field.
I know the products are vastly improved.
Although I know 3 people at work that have lost the engines in their Hyundai products. All were 2-3 year old vehicles.
MAGA, buy Korean. Lol.
We in North America build automotive dies and components for European, Japanese and North American made vehicles. I have never personally seen anything made here that goes back to Korea for their manufacturing.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Thank you for the article.
I was referring to the fact that we are not competing on a level playing field.
I know the products are vastly improved.
Although I know 3 people at work that have lost the engines in their Hyundai products. All were 2-3 year old vehicles.
MAGA, buy Korean. Lol.
We in North America build automotive dies and components for European, Japanese and North American made vehicles. I have never personally seen anything made here that goes back to Korea for their manufacturing.

The problem is that American manufacturers aren't definitively producing vehicles that last longer or offer more bang for the buck value than oversea companies. Take a Ford sedan and a Kia sedan, for instance, at the $35-37K price point. And I'm making this comparison blindly, which is bad, because it may backfire, but tell me which vehicle has more features and amenities while keeping true to the class of cars being compared.

It sucks, because I would rather drive a Ford over anything else personally, but I'm the average Joe that has a budget and desire for nice things in life, so I'm often shopping for a foreign car because I see a bigger bang for the buck and a lesser cost of ownership in most cases. Not to mention, all this aside, I would rank Honda and Toyota more American than any current US company. They're putting massive monies into our country/economy, despite being a Japanese based company.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
nothing shocking in this video. everyone should know awd is where its out for bock stock 0-60 times, these cars dont need a lot of power to get down the 1/4 mile first, just really good gearing and awd. But yes kia was said to take one of the audi designers for body lines. Had to laugh when some wrote its a poor mans rs7 lol

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Bought my wife one last week. Will do a tune, intake and exhaust, and IC too.
I think exhaust is pointless. These 2.7s sound terrible. I like the quiet stealth. The wife has the 16 edge sport. That thing with just the 93 tune is silly for what it is.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@V6&V8SHO, my '16 Edge Sport has a 93 tune as well. Noticeable difference over the factory tune. If I end up getting the new Edge ST as planned, I'm anxious to see how it performs with a 93 tune. I'd be hoping for around 400 to the wheels. With AWD it would be lots of fun from a stop.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
There are plenty of stock Kia Stingers running into the 12s.. look it up.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
@V6&V8SHO, my '16 Edge Sport has a 93 tune as well. Noticeable difference over the factory tune. If I end up getting the new Edge ST as planned, I'm anxious to see how it performs with a 93 tune. I'd be hoping for around 400 to the wheels. With AWD it would be lots of fun from a stop.

I just picked up my wife's new 2019 Edge Titanium. Of course it has the eco-boost (only engine for the Titanium). We got rid of a 2016 Edge 6 cylinder. She did not want the ST (hated the colors...LOL) but I am shocked at the power this little guy makes stock. No excuses for it are needed, and overall I think it is as speedy (if you can call it speedy...LOL) as the 2016.

The Edge is a solid car for Ford.

Sorry to get off topic...o_O

E

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There is a tuner out here who had two Stingers at the track last time I was there. One was stock running 12.9-13.1 and the other was supposedly tune only running 12.1. Sort of chuckled cause that guy probably got so much shit for being a tuner for just Kias, but look who's laughing now! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread