Keyless entry failure experiences?

I was curious what others have experienced, if they actually suffered a failure in their keyless entry remote.

Mine stopped working today.

Put a new 2032 Energizer battery in there and went to a remote field with no cars in sight and followed the reprogram procedure that LMR makes freely available.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j_dh8GZQKA

But I got nothing on the 8th turn with a new battery. Dropped my remote many times over the years.

How many of you have actually broken that remote and needed a new replacement?

hotcobra03

Established Member
I lost a set of keys...I replaced and programed...

Fob is cheap ..

I had posted keyless testing section from manual..quick search on site should give info needed for what else to check in pre inspection of system

Zemedici

Established Member
The remotes sometimes drop their programming, as do the transceivers in the car

Get a replacement fob and go from there, if that doesn't work it may be the pats transceiver

Much appreciated fellas. Thanks for all the replies. Really was hoping a $2.99 battery could just keep things rolling. Its annoying sometimes to have spend $40 for a new pair of remotes. Thankfully LMR's offering is much cheaper than those of a dealer.

Zemedici

Established Member
Tbh I would stay away from eBay fobs unless they're OE pieces, too many times I've explained to customers their aftermarket FOBs may not program, for them to spend the money to realize just that - it won't program

You know what, I went out to the car and tried one more time.

I did however notice, comparing to the LMR video which I watched on the programming, that when I go through the key cycling procedure and rest in the ON position on the 8th cycle, that my door looks DON'T open and lock like on the video.

Now is that because my remote is not functioning correctly or because I don't have 2 of them on hand?

Really what I'm getting at is...are the door locks supposed to actuate on and off when the key rests in the on position on the 8th cycle, regardless if you have a remote with you in the car?

You know what fellas, problem is fixed and I appreciate all the replies.

Found what I was doing wrong. Before I was attempting to program my remote, after installing a new battery, I was follow the recommendations someone put on a thread here on SVTP a few years back. They indicated to cycle the key 8xs within 30 seconds.

I just came across a video on YouTube where a guy was saying you need to cycle the key 8xs within 10 seconds.

Just finished doing that and resting on the 8th cycle within 10 seconds of starting the cycle, and the door locks activated and I programmed the remote. So the alarm now arms properly and the keyless remote buttons all work perfectly.

I was taking my time cycling the key before, thinking I had up to 30seconds to complete the 8 key cycles. lol

So problem is fixed with a new $2.99 battery. What a relief. lol

Users who are viewing this thread