Kenny Brown Extreme Sub System

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I'm about to place an order for this.
It includes the super subs, extreme matrix brace and jacking rails.
Anyone have this on their 03 vert? I just want to make sure everything fits the way it's suppose to.
Any input welcome.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I have the Extreme package on my 03. Very happy so far. Will probably have the strut tower and rear shock brace put in next summer. Subs are a must with this much hp in a vert. make sure they are put in by a reputable shop and that they do it on a drive on rack. I live in Indy and had Kenny do it. They did not use a drive on and I wish they had for my piece of mind. good luck, let me know how it goes.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Thanks for the input OH3Cobra.
I ordered it, 295.68 shipped. Pretty good price I think. Now I have to find someone here in town with a drive on rack.
I also ordered the Pro 5.0 shifter and MGW handle this week. I've heard nothing but good things about the MGW handle. I missed 3rd powershifting for the first time last week at the track and I'm not going to do that again! :eek:

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Originally posted by jrh99
OH3Cobra,

Why would you prefer a drive on lift for subs?

I was told that it is better to have the suspension "loaded" when welding in chassis strengthening parts. Kenny Brown assured me that their frame lift was level , and I need not worry. I do believe my door jamb gap at the top of the door is slightly wider than before the install. My converitble top is also a little tighter since the install. why put extra stress on the frame with a frame lift, use a drive on lift. then all the weight is supported. Hope that answers your ?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
Thanks for the input OH3Cobra.
I also ordered the Pro 5.0 shifter and MGW handle this week. I've heard nothing but good things about the MGW handle. I missed 3rd powershifting for the first time last week at the track and I'm not going to do that again! :eek:

Racerat. Let me know how you like that shifter combo. I bought the MGW handle because I needed a handle that would come farther back to me. I had the KB seat extenders put in with the subs, really helped the leg room and stopped that damm seat flex under acceleration. I am considering the 5.0. to go with the MGW handle(nice piece by the way). I want shorter throws and have had trouble getting a down shift to 3rd a few times at the track. Keep me posted.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
Racerat what partnumbers is that kit, I was looking for it on the KB site but couldnt fix the kit. Could you please post a link, or partnumbers.

Thanks

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by B03Cobra
Racerat what partnumbers is that kit, I was looking for it on the KB site but couldnt fix the kit. Could you please post a link, or partnumbers.

Thanks
I ordered it from partshopper.
Part #
$289.95 -- KBP1-EXTSUB Extreme Sub Kit 94-03 Must. & Cobra (exc 96-98)

http://www.partshopper.com/catalog/itemdisplay/182.html

The turkey day discount is still in effect too. :-D

docs03

Established Member
I have the kit installed in my 03 vert. It makes a huge difference in the cowl shake when going over bumps. I have the strut tower brace and camber plates as well.

Must have it done on a drive on lift in order to ahve the frame loaded evenly.

doc

Brad

Banned
Let me ask you guys this, is the extreme sub the connector that goes from the front to the back on either side of the drive shaft?

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Originally posted by Brad
Let me ask you guys this, is the extreme sub the connector that goes from the front to the back on either side of the drive shaft?

Yes triangular brace on both sides of the drive shaft running from font to back. works well and gives you another jacking point. No jokes please. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread