Kenneth Copeland is possessed... LOL

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
cLYQWW.gif

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
They know how to preach feel good sermons that so many want to hear. You will notice that there is very little mention of blood and what it stands for in the messages. People tune in to be made to feel good and that brings in a pot load of money. Now if they used that for good instead of a gazillion room mansion I might have a different opinion of them.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
They know how to preach feel good sermons that so many want to hear. You will notice that there is very little mention of blood and what it stands for in the messages. People tune in to be made to feel good and that brings in a pot load of money. Now if they used that for good instead of a gazillion room mansion I might have a different opinion of them.

That is spot on, tell folks what they want hear, oldest con in the game...They are basically confidence men.

Coiled03

Established Member
Majority of televangelist are crooks. Preying on the weak to make millions off of religion.

That's churches and the people who run them in general, imho. Tell me this: If their motivation and purpose is just to "spread the word", why do they always ask for money? Oh, right! My bad! It's to help their fellow members. Just ignore that enormous new building they're putting up over there.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don't have a problem with anyone owning nice things. If you can afford it, great.

Now, do I think this man is ripping people off? Well, my best answer is this; he is a televangelist that gives the ministry and Christianity as a whole a bad name.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
This is a HUGE example of why the Church should be taxed. I'll go as far as to say if a Church brings in said amount they are required to be taxed. At "some point"...it's about the money.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
That's churches and the people who run them in general, imho. Tell me this: If their motivation and purpose is just to "spread the word", why do they always ask for money? Oh, right! My bad! It's to help their fellow members. Just ignore that enormous new building they're putting up over there.

I feel the smaller churches aren't corrupt or money hungry folks.

However, it's insane how much money the bigger ones pull in.
Christ Fellowship bought a 13 million dollar structure in Port St. Lucie in cash. Since then, they have invested millions more into it and expanded an already existing 25ksf building by a good amount. It's a business, not a church.

We need to start taxing religious institutions.

CV355

_
Established Member

Damn good reference. Phantasm 1 was awesome. The rest were... drugged out.

Also, this:

The "God needs your money" megachurches are obvious scams. The smaller ones mean well in community for the most part. Corruption happens at all levels, but not all of them are corrupt.

I believe if a church gets over a certain size, it should be taxed. The monstrous mondo-mega-church one town over from me brings in over $750k a week. Automatic gates, big fences, a breezeway, perfectly manicured parking lots... Yep, all that money sure is going to good causes.

Meanwhile, the church that my wife and I go to occasionally (I'll be honest...) is totally transparent in their bookings and spends most of it helping community.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member

I would not use the term "in general" in relating to how most churches are run.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I feel the smaller churches aren't corrupt or money hungry folks.

However, it's insane how much money the bigger ones pull in.
Christ Fellowship bought a 13 million dollar structure in Port St. Lucie in cash. Since then, they have invested millions more into it and expanded an already existing 25ksf building by a good amount. It's a business, not a church.

We need to start taxing religious institutions.

Lakewood bought the Rockets old stadium The Summit, later renamed Compaq Center for 7.5mil, then spent 105 million renovating and expanding it vertically.

Users who are viewing this thread