Kenne Bell upgrade!!

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
i am kicking around either porting and adding an upper to my 6lb. lower OR Just gettin with it an going the Kenne Bell route. The question is how much will it cost start to finish to do this including supporting mods. any help would be great.

Mods to date. amazon racing cai, 6lb lower, bassani o/r x, bassani catback, M/T e.t. streets, steeda tri-ax, lowered

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
dont bother with a ported eaton and just go KB. Expect to spend 4-5k in parts if you do it right. You need at least :
Blower
Injectors
HE
BAP or Pumps
BF Dif Brace
Idlers

If money is tight their are always stage 4 Eatons for sale on here....but you will want more power in a year.

Last edited:

03punisher

SENDING STEEL DOWN RANGE
Established Member
Just go KB, dont forget you might need a clutch upgrade sooner than later with the extra hp/trq youll get from the KB

Last edited:

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
irs brace is ordered as of tonite and i was expecting to do the clutch with blower change. So 4 to 5k with all needed mods. thats not too bad. i have a friend with a 06 GTO thats putin a magnuson on and its gonna be $7800

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Steeda30 said:
And a MAF.ia and a good clutch / 26-spline input shaft, McLeod TOB retainer.

Whoops...You will need a maf upgrade. You can get by on you clutch for a little while but it will need to be replaced. Power is addicting...just look at my mods KB and kooks are my next item to install. Next level 5's. Once you start adding power you always seem to need more $$$ in supporting mods.
Good Luck!

PS Do the TOB retainer sleeve when the clutch is out. I didn't and I had to rip my trans out 2 months later an put a new clutch disc in along with the TOB sleeve.

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Go w/ the Twin-Screw. Don't bother w/ the Eaton unless you're going to settle for around 500 RWHP. It's still a great route, but compared to the KB it's a joke! :D

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
No matter whether you go twin screw or ported Eaton route, you're going to need for both applications:

Fuel supply help (BAP or Ford GT pumps)
MAF help (SCT2400/2800 or Mafia)
Heat Exchanger
New clutch if you're going racing! (and this'll cost you $1,200+ without labor!)
New tune probably

With the twin screw, you'll definitely need 60 lb injectors, but may not with the ported Eaton.

Full ported Eaton will cost you about $750 which includes shipping (unless you go used...) While the 2.6KB w/ throttle body and shipping will cost you about $3,800+/-. Big difference, but about 80-100 more RWHP with the KB. Probably worth it to get the KB if you have the $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

mustangsvtblack

Established Member
looks like in need to save up about 5k sound like i wont be happy with nothing less than the KB. Will 5k get me all the supporting mod and the blower kit?

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
mustangsvtblack said:
i am kicking around either porting and adding an upper to my 6lb. lower OR Just gettin with it an going the Kenne Bell route. The question is how much will it cost start to finish to do this including supporting mods. any help would be great.

Mods to date. amazon racing cai, 6lb lower, bassani o/r x, bassani catback, M/T e.t. streets, steeda tri-ax, lowered

deep pockets, dont forget new half-shafts, all supporting mods easily went thru another 7grand,not including blower cost, using one of your kids college funds helps alot, kids are so damn smart these days, who needs college, i need speed, they need to get a job to help me out

Last edited:

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I did the Stage IV now going Whipple. I wish I would have just went to the Whipple, StageIV was an definately increase over stock, just need more....looking for the 600HP mark.

hawaiiancobra

Established Member
mustangsvtblack said:

pay to play is rule one
never will there ever be enough power, you get used to what you get over time
if planning on using boost w/kb, plan on more money for upgrades or broken parts
divorce solved money issue's for me
search'n for wealthy cobra girl at this time
rich cobra babes please submit resume for review

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
mustangsvtblack said:
looks like in need to save up about 5k sound like i wont be happy with nothing less than the KB. Will 5k get me all the supporting mod and the blower kit?
No, 5k won't get it done. If you do all the work and are able to purchase your mods for reasonable costs, you're looking at approximately $6,800 for the full 2.6 addition to your current setup.

utfan98 said:
I did the Stage IV now going Whipple. I wish I would have just went to the Whipple, StageIV was an definately increase over stock, just need more....looking for the 600HP mark.
I'm currently running a Stage IV and am having a blast with the car!! I've had the money for a twin screw for awhile now and am going to hold off until I can achieve my goals for the Eaton ;-)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
IronTerp said:
No, 5k won't get it done. If you do all the work and are able to purchase your mods for reasonable costs, you're looking at approximately $6,800 for the full 2.6 addition to your current setup.

I'm currently running a Stage IV and am having a blast with the car!! I've had the money for a twin screw for awhile now and am going to hold off until I can achieve my goals for the Eaton ;-)

You see... Here's a happy ported Eaton Cobra owner! It's just a matter of what you're planning on using the car for & how much power/torque you want on tap. You would save yourself a lot of money by going ported if you wanted to settle for high 11's in the 1/4 mile & 1 wicked ass street car! But if you're looking for crazy power then definitely go w/ KB.

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Trust me to do it "right" by getting all the necessary parts you need to stay reliable and safe, dyno tune, installation fees/labor if you don't do the work yourself... you're looking at some major coin. I did pretty much everything and all I have left to do are a few things and let me tell you I am happy as hell with how the car turned out, but it wasn't cheap. Pay to play...

If you're penny pinching to do this right go the ported eaton route. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with that route. If you feel twin screw is the way to go maybe pick up some used parts on here. Maybe a 2.2L KB someone is selling. I bet you could find a great deal on a very nice used KB in the market section that would help out on your costs.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am still in shock that I actually ever got a twin screw. I love it, and I don't miss the Heaton at all.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread