Kenne Bell Swap Questions

vdubn

Established Member
I'm doing some work on a customers car, it has a Kenne Bell SC on it, and has had a lot of work done. Do you all typically replace the SC to lower intake manifold gasket every time you pull the SC or is it reusable?

Also, the previous shop installed the fuel injectors, but didn't install any of the injector clips in the fuel rail. Is this normal? I am about to order new clips, but wanted to make sure there wasn't some reason that they should be left off.

Finally, I have noticed in a couple of these terminator engines, the coolant flange that feeds the intercooler, where the O-rings are located on the two tube adapters, have a bunch of RTV on them. I would always swap the O-rings, but since it looks like both engines had RTV around the O-rings and on the flange surface of the coolant flange, I wondered is this typical? I would think maybe a little on the flange gasket, but with new O-rings no extra RTV should be required, but maybe its just for insurance?

I appreciate any advice as to what others find as best practices on these areas.

Thanks...

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I've heard most reuse the blower to lower intake gasket. As long as it's not damaged at least. You don't need the clips. They're just there to keep the injectors from rotating. I think most aftermarket injectors don't have the slot for them anyway.

Sounds like someone was trying to do the easy fix. I pulled that cooling manifold off mine this past weekend and there was no gasket. Just the O-rings.

Users who are viewing this thread