kenne bell puller and predator

03cobra34

Established Member
I plan on buying the predator this week and I also plan on changing the upper pulley. I found that kenne bell makes a puller and pulleys that are fairly cheap. Has anyone used either, if so are they junk or a good buy? Also any suggestions on witch pulley size I should get with my current mods and predator combo.:read:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
It's not a puller. It's just a tool to prevent the pulley from spinning when you uncrew the bolt holding the pulley on. With the bolt out the pulley slides off. If you want to spend 25 bucks on something that costs 30 cents to make go for it. I made my own puller in 10 minutes.

The predator works awesome with a KB equipped cobra as long as it's tuned right. Lets just say I love mine.

03cobra34

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i believe he's referring to the eaton pulleys and puller made by kb:

http://kennebell.net/accessories/pulleys_puller/pulleys_puller.htm

i'm sure the pulleys are fine but if you're going w/ like a 2.9 or smaller you'll probably get some slip. but then you can get some billetflow idlers. ;)

whereabouts socal are you 03cobra34? i've got a puller if you need some help.

I am refering to the eaton pulleys and puller, I want to go with the 2.8 pulley and I was also looking at motoblue aux idler pulley to prevent slipping. I live in Ventura.

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, AT WORK AND DON'T HAVE A CAPS LOCK KEY.

I CALLED THEM ABOUT THERE PULLER AND WAS TOLD IT IS JUST FOR REMOVING THE PULLEY, NOT FOR INSTALLING ONE. I ASKED THE REP IF THEY AT KENNE BELL FELT THAT MADE SENCE AND HE LAUGHED AND SAID NO. I DID TAKE THIER ADVICE ABOUT BUYING A PULLEY BEING MADE OF STEEL RATHER THEN ALUMINUM. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
03cobra34 I WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH YOU IN JUNE. I WILL BE GOING TO A SCHOOL AND AM THINKING OF DRIVING THE COBRA OUT THERE. I AM FROM SANTA BARBARA ORIG.

03cobra34

Established Member
Originally posted by DRIVINGLESSON
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, AT WORK AND DON'T HAVE A CAPS LOCK KEY.

I CALLED THEM ABOUT THERE PULLER AND WAS TOLD IT IS JUST FOR REMOVING THE PULLEY, NOT FOR INSTALLING ONE. I ASKED THE REP IF THEY AT KENNE BELL FELT THAT MADE SENCE AND HE LAUGHED AND SAID NO. I DID TAKE THIER ADVICE ABOUT BUYING A PULLEY BEING MADE OF STEEL RATHER THEN ALUMINUM. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS

I havent been able to get through to Kenne bell so I ended up going with Steeda 2.81 pulley,puller and belt. The guy at steeda told me that the kenne bell puller was junk and you have just validated that.Thanks!!!

03cobra34

Established Member
03cobra34 I WOULD LIKE TO HOOK UP WITH YOU IN JUNE. I WILL BE GOING TO A SCHOOL AND AM THINKING OF DRIVING THE COBRA OUT THERE. I AM FROM SANTA BARBARA ORIG.

Let me know through this site when you get here.

03cobra34

Established Member
Steeda actually told me to go to the parts store and buy a power steering pump pulley puller. They said is will work just as well and is cheaper. Has anyone done that?:shrug:

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
I BOUGHT MY PULLEY THROUGH STEEDA AND ALSO WENT WITH THEIR IDLER. I CHOSE AMAZON RACING FOR THE PREDATOR SINCE RICK CAR INSTALL A CUSTOM TUNE. ALL I NEED IS A PULLER, PLUGS AND A BELT. LET ME KNOW THE QUALITY OF THE STEEDA PULLER. ALSO WHAT BELT HAVE YOU CHOSE??

03cobra34

Established Member
I BOUGHT MY PULLEY THROUGH STEEDA AND ALSO WENT WITH THEIR IDLER. I CHOSE AMAZON RACING FOR THE PREDATOR SINCE RICK CAR INSTALL A CUSTOM TUNE. ALL I NEED IS A PULLER, PLUGS AND A BELT. LET ME KNOW THE QUALITY OF THE STEEDA PULLER. ALSO WHAT BELT HAVE YOU CHOSE??

How do you like the steeda parts? I actually got my predator off ebay new for $329, and I plan on going to socal diablo and see what thay can do. I actually am on the fence with the puller I havent decided what I'm going to do yet. I also got the belt from steeda when I bought the 2.81 bulley and the idler pulley.

dougwg

Established Member
Amazon racing sells them for 169

no it does not

nor does it mess up the blower shaft
(unlike the rest of the pullers on the market)
which is a sure warranty killer

03cobra34

Established Member
Originally posted by dougwg
Amazon racing sells them for 169

no it does not

nor does it mess up the blower shaft
(unlike the rest of the pullers on the market)
which is a sure warranty killer

Thats kind of pricey. What makes it better than any of the other pulleys?

dougwg

Established Member
BTW the Kenne Bell is $132.00 and you don't even get an install tool:bash:

All Steel Construction
Large Fine Thread Bolts
Won't Scare the Blower Shaft or Pulley
Made to Last a Life Time
Thrust Bearing on Install Tool for Easy/Fast Installs
Positive Pulley Placement (you can't put the pulley on to far)

ask anyone that has used The Amazon Racing Pulley Puller and compaired it to others and they will tell you it's the best money can buy

Last edited:

03cobra34

Established Member
BTW the Kenne Bell is $132.00 and you don't even get an install tool:bash:

So with this tool from amazon you can install the pulley also, and the stock pulley is still useable?

dougwg

Established Member
yes,

I even challenged ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS to a Pulley install DEUL.... but none stepped up to the plate:shrug:

BTW: Amazon Racing is a ONE STOP SHOPPING company...

you can get a pulley, pulley puller, aux idler and predator all with one phone call

Last edited:

03cobra34

Established Member
yes,

I even challenged ALL OTHER MANUFACTURERS to a Pulley install DEUL.... but none stepped up to the plate:shrug:

BTW: Amazon Racing is a ONE STOP SHOPPING company...

you can get a pulley, pulley puller and predator all with one phone call

Do you work for amazon or what???

dougwg

Established Member
no,

I make the pulley puller, aux idlers, upper pulleys and Throttle bodies

hello my name is Doug, I am BilletFlow

click on my www button

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread