Kenne Bell fabricated aluminum inlets

Mike Dj

Established Member
0323182031_zpsimygvqny.jpg
0325181546_HDR_zpsudekaqbr.jpg

This is my inlet on my friends 02 GT 2v with stage 3 P.I. heads very small cams cobra short block and a 2.1 KB with 15lbs. The car laid down 600 HP To the tire with the stock inlet and 75mm TB. I'll post the dyno graph very soon because most do not believe the number. It was tuned on a Dynojet 224LC here at the shop. The pic above is my inlet with accufab oval TB and the bottom is the stock inlet with a 75mm accufab TB. Would like get everybody's opinion about the inlet good or bad. Currently looking for another KB Mustang 2v,3v,4v to broaden the availability to others. Thanks for checking it out guys.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Without a doubt, moving to the oval TB over the GT style circular definitely gained CFM. Couple that would the larger rear intake, you'll definitely net some sort of gains. Just look at the Mammoth intakes vs the non, and the Crusher vs the standard intake whipples. Definitely gains to be had

GodStang

Established Member
Very nice. Depending on the amount of air you need to move the inlets can really help. On my 2.8L I ran the stock and the Behemoth inlet (Custom). At my boost levels there were definitely gains. The only comment on yours is you may want to swoop the far back side more. As it sits some of the incoming air will just slam into a wall and kill air flow.

Otherwise very neat!

Mike Dj

Established Member
Very nice. Depending on the amount of air you need to move the inlets can really help. On my 2.8L I ran the stock and the Behemoth inlet (Custom). At my boost levels there were definitely gains. The only comment on yours is you may want to swoop the far back side more. As it sits some of the incoming air will just slam into a wall and kill air flow.

Otherwise very neat!
I agree with the swoop but ran into firewall issues. This is just my prototype so future ones may be different. We will see after some dyno tests.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Lightning’s see big gains from JLP’s powerflow, similar to your setup. Should pick up some boost for the same pulley ratio as well

Mike Dj

Established Member
Should have some before and after numbers in about two weeks. The only change will be the inlet no pulley change. With some of the tests I did with the stock inlet I found that we had about 6.5 inches of vacuum in the inlet and 3 inches before the TB. On KBs site they talk about losing inches of vacuum in the inlet will gain x amount of HP. If I remember I read losing 1 inch of vacuum equates to 30 HP. Now with that the pick up would be just crazy. But I'm a realist if this inlet and TB losses 3/4 of the vacuum in the inlet I don't see it gaining a 100 or so HP. That would be like close to 700 HP at the wheel???!!!

Mike Dj

Established Member
0323182031a_zpsqe8al0jq.jpg.html
0323182032_zpssgkmrzan.jpg.html
0323182032_zpssgkmrzan.jpg
One more pic and a little chart from KB. For those that mite not quite understand what I was referring to about the inlet vacuum. Not at all saying you guys don't know what I'm talking about before you guys fry me LOL. If anybody is interested in purchasing one there will be some options to go with it. TB size,4 inch aluminum cold air with slot or tonsil style MAF mounting and some other things that I'm forgetting. As far as price I do not have a set price at the moment but will definitely be cheaper than the big name company's $$$$...

Supercharger-Boost-vs-Loss-Inlet-Chart-2400-1200_zpsat0raivf.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Dj

Established Member
Back at It today in hope of getting it finalized. If time allows me tomorrow it will be running and start some data logging to make any tune adjustments for idle part and throttle. If I can get that all that done then next weekend I can get it on the dyno and start making some power pulls!!!! Keep you guys updated on progress.

Adamkl88

I'm not sure if you're into making anymore of these, but i am looking for an inlet to upgrade my 2.1 and i know of a guy i race with that is looking for the same thing. If you want to make some extra cash I would gladly pay for one.

Mike Dj

Established Member
I'm not sure if you're into making anymore of these, but i am looking for an inlet to upgrade my 2.1 and i know of a guy i race with that is looking for the same thing. If you want to make some extra cash I would gladly pay for one.
Absolutely that is my main objection here to offer a inlet or inlets for 2.1,2.6,2.8 and so on regardless if its 2,3 or 4v setups. PM me and I'll give you my number. If you run into any one else that is interested in a inlet let me know and I will make it worth time like I said PM me and we will talk about it. Thanks for the inquiry Adamkl88 on the inlet!!!!

Mike Dj

Established Member
I'm sure Sid will warn me posting on my old thread lol. I'm sorry in advance Sid.
  • Well the 2.1 did pick up power and torque. This is what I found out about a KB 2.1 with my custom aluminum inlet and 1650 cfm TB. The 2.1 did respond to the inlet and TB. Before inlet and TB it made 600.00 HP 510.00 TQ @15Lb. Now after and unexpected HP jumped to 635.00 and the unexpected TQ jumped to 612.00 and 2.5 more lbs of boost with the same pulley combo that is a 102 foot pound difference. Now I want to see 195cc Trick Flows and some MHS stage 4 cams. After those mods in my opinion the 2.1 is tapped out time for a bigger unit. FYI the 02 GT was run on a 224 LC Dynojet. I don't want to hear about dyno manipulation simply because the only way I know to do that is with measuring in SAE or STD. This dyno stays on SAE I'm not about inflating numbers and normally the numbers are not that much different. Big shout out to Jeff for letting me use his 02 GT for mock up to build the inlet and testing.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do you foresee the inlet you made for the 2.1 fitting on the 2.2 as well?

Mike Dj

Established Member
Don't know if it will fit a 2.2. I would say yes just because the small displacement of the two blowers. If anyone knows if the bolt pattern for the inlet is the same on a 2.1 vs 2.2 let us know.

Users who are viewing this thread