Kenne Bell CAI problems

Cobra'03

Established Member
It is going back to KB. After I installed it, i did a quick tour around the block. Tday I actually drove it for 20 miles, and it started stalling when coming to a stop, finally got a hard check engine light. I pulled power to the EEC, redrove it, same problem. I had not made any mods at all save for this intake, so I put my Amazon Racing back on - it uses the exact same flange so I did not move anything in the meter. Car ran perfectly. Put the KB back, had the same problems, put the AR back on, everything fine. KB had no real explanation, so back it goes. This is similar to some of the Densecharger problems a few have mentioned. So at least on some cars, the MAF meter seems sensitive to 90 degree bends. Too bad, as the KB seemed to have really good throttle response.

My dealer is going to flash my EEC next week to deal with the occasional stall re-programming - I am doing it to try to remove as many gremlins as I can so when I do a mod I am sure it is the new part and not the computer if driveabiulity issues emerge.

I am also getting one of Rick's Delta chips. I am posting my mods so people can see what other components were in the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread