Kenne Bell 3.6LC Fitting sizes?

GodStang

Established Member
I know I can call KB on Monday but hoping to order before then. Looking to put -6an lines for the Liquid Cool part of the 3.6LC. Any one know the thread size of the part that threads into the Kenne Bell. I thought 3/8” but that did not seem right when I threaded it in. I did this on my 2.8L back in 2011 and thought it looked cleaner.

Willie

Established Member
I'm not quite sure I understand the question. On my 4.2LC, I used a 90-degree -06an hose end on the lower fitting and a 45-degree on the upper...

I don't have a clear pic but this is the only one I found that shows the hose ends...
DSCF0700.JPG

GodStang

Established Member
So if you look at the fittings I have circled. The inlet and outlet. One side is 6an that you have your 90 degree hooked too. The measurement I need it what thread goes into the Kenne Bell. I can use the ones that are in there but they look kinda corroded so was going to replace it with a couple black aluminum fightings.

3BC5FE03-1AF6-40D6-9B4B-C05897C85431.jpeg

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
cosmetic. I just think it looks so much better with braided hose than a piece of heater hose.

I know what you are saying about cosmetic........Originally the Kenne Bell LC and SPE fittings were Brass colored.....

010.jpg

^^Above^^On the earlier 3.6LC the fittings were Brass, I bought Silver colored fittings from Russell to replace the Brass on the 3.6LC. The 3.2LC (below right) came with the Silver fittings.....

005.jpg

Those Brass fittings looked so "hydraulic forklift" against the Shiney toaster...They had to go.....

R

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
if I remember correctly you are the one I copied last time on my 2.8LC. Do you remember what size fitting goes into the blower on the 3.6L?

I know what you are saying about cosmetic........Originally the Kenne Bell LC and SPE fittings were Brass colored.....

View attachment 1680144

^^Above^^On the earlier 3.6LC the fittings were Brass, I bought Silver colored fittings from Russell to replace the Brass on the 3.6LC. The 3.2LC (below right) came with the Silver fittings.....

View attachment 1680145

Those Brass fittings looked so "hydraulic forklift" against the Shiney toaster...They had to go.....

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
if I remember correctly you are the one I copied last time on my 2.8LC. Do you remember what size fitting goes into the blower on the 3.6L?

No I don't remember what sizes they were, and all of the fittings are stored away in boxes where I can not get to them right now.

Sorry.......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Actually you are in luck, I do have the Russell part numbers. The fittings are on the 3.6LC and boxed up, but the original blister packs were in a box under my work bench.

The two 660441's were the LC fittings -6AN Flare to 1/4" NPT and the 660811 is the SPE fitting -4AN Flare to 1/4" NPT.......I changed the SPE fitting also, first of all to get rid of the Brass color, but also to use a -AN fitting and a smaller line to match the LC -AN's and hoses.....Just for a cleaner, more detailed look....

001.jpg

^^^ I think these were also available in Black (probably Anodized Black), if you wanted to go that route? I chose to match the fittings with the blower...

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I know revanracing.com sells some nice A/N setups for the KB
Fragola AN Fittings and Braided Line for Kenne Bell Liquid Cooled System

That is funny that you mention Fragola, I took the picture below a few years ago. The Black -AN fuel rail and hose fittings are Fragola and I was test fitting the Black braided hose that was originally meant for the KB LC on those fuel rail fittings.......

Picture1921.jpg

^^^^That Black hose and fittings are currently stored with the fuel rails and not the KB.....a project for another day.....

R

Users who are viewing this thread