Kenne Bell 2.8L rebuild

cforre

Established Member
Hey guys I have a 2.8l KB on my 04 cobra. It was on the car when I bought it and called KB today and they told me it was sold in 07. A little oil gets away after some miles. Should I pay the $800 to KB to have it rebuilt or is there someone else to rebuild it or just keep checking the level and don’t worry??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Rudders331cobra

Established Member
Hey guys I have a 2.8l KB on my 04 cobra. It was on the car when I bought it and called KB today and they told me it was sold in 07. A little oil gets away after some miles. Should I pay the $800 to KB to have it rebuilt or is there someone else to rebuild it or just keep checking the level and don’t worry??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Have KB rebuild it for piece of mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GodStang

Established Member
Ya I would have KB rebuild it. I have had two rebuilt from them and their turn around time was super fast and I was mailing from South Carolina to Cali. If you drive it very little you may be able to get away with checking oil every time but if you drive it a lot I would not take the chance.

cj428mach

Established Member
Ya I would have KB rebuild it. I have had two rebuilt from them and their turn around time was super fast and I was mailing from South Carolina to Cali. If you drive it very little you may be able to get away with checking oil every time but if you drive it a lot I would not take the chance.

I know you re a kb guy, did you buy these blowers new? How many miles did you get out of them?

GodStang

Established Member
I know you re a kb guy, did you buy these blowers new? How many miles did you get out of them?

I got the first 2.2L KB free but it took something into the rotors that marred them up so I sent it back to get the new snout design and get it polished. The second was a 2.8L that I wanted the LC installed on. It had 200 miles on it. I sent it back and they rebuilt it when they installed the LC section of the snout.

Users who are viewing this thread