Kenne Bell 2.4L update

xenon

Established Member
I contacted Kenne Bell asking when this blower will be availible. They said quote "parts are being machined....it will probably be 30-60 days away. We are going to be releasing the 2.4L (it will be a bit overkill for a street vehicle) we would only recommend it for 700 rwhp and above......."

:rockon: :bowdown: :beer: :D

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
the current one is a 2.2

one thing it takes more HP to turn a 2.4 then to turn the 2.2

other then that i would get a 2.4 and just run a bigger pulley setup

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
Originally posted by vector
the current one is a 2.2

one thing it takes more HP to turn a 2.4 then to turn the 2.2

other then that i would get a 2.4 and just run a bigger pulley setup

That's kind of what I was thinking. I understand that it might be a little harder to turn than the 2.2 but wouldn't it also be a little more efficient at moving air at a lower boost? Also, it might be nice to be in the 500's without having to fabricate some device to keep it from bleeding to death. :shrug:

OATS

Established Member
Any word on changes KB is making to the snout pertaining to the oil blowing issue on the current kit? I haven't heard of the Whipple blowing oil at the higher boost levels, maybe KB can learn from them.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I'm in for the 2.4! I was thinking of other power adders but this will seal the deal I think. 30-60 days away? Fine. I'll be back from Iraq by then! Now I just have to convince the g/f to help out. Any pics of the case yet?

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
i think 30-60 is a little hopeful. Just like anything else that we want to buy for our cars...I guess we'll see.

Hopefully they fix the oiling issue this time around

OATS

Established Member
While I hope it comes out in 30 to 60 days, don't hold your breath on it. KB once strung me along for nearly two years on a blower kit for my 99 Cobra. They kept telling me another month or two. Eventually I sold the car and bought the T3. Still don't know if they have a kit for the 99 yet.

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
That blower will not be out in 30 to 60, guaranteed. But people will believe what they want. I can assure you, this is a tremor as I predicted, and you know what, he did EXACTLY as I said.

Those of you waiting for this blower, pull up a sleeping bag, your in for one long wait...

Oh and look at this post:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84665&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Go to the 8th post, and read what I put. Kenny Bell is pretty much predictable, but its a busines and marketing move to keep people from buying the Whipple.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
Originally posted by xenon
Exactly.. Thats what I would do.. who would ever buy the 2.3L when the 2.4L will become available?

Have you seen the price difference between the 2.2, and the 2.3?? I'm going to guess the 2.4 will be almost $4000..:lol: And if you are going to "lightly pulley" it, save a $1000 and lightly pulley the Whipple... You make no since, pay a $1000 more just to lightly pulley it..

Last edited:

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Originally posted by Rev
That blower will not be out in 30 to 60, guaranteed. But people will believe what they want. I can assure you, this is a tremor as I predicted, and you know what, he did EXACTLY as I said.

Those of you waiting for this blower, pull up a sleeping bag, your in for one long wait...

Oh and look at this post:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84665&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Go to the 8th post, and read what I put. Kenny Bell is pretty much predictable, but its a busines and marketing move to keep people from buying the Whipple.

I read your post and what you say makes sense. The 2.4 can't be released that quickly w/o testing. Good comments...

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
on a side note, Who says they don't already have 1 or 2 being tested on cars as we speak?? Maybe they will be ready in 30-60 days...

Also, are we still waiting 2 weeks for the Works blower:shrug:

Last edited:

Rev

This Space For Rent...
Established Member
Robertson, its a legitamite point bro, but, they dont. Take my word for it, errr wait, dont take my word (you really dont know me) but I can assure you, they dont.

You ever have people tell you stuff in the strictest of confidence, and you make a vow not to reveal your sources? Sometimes you want to, just so people will believe what you tell them.

Trust me, its not 30 to 60 out...

Users who are viewing this thread