Kenne Bell 2.4L for 05 Mustang GT-Sick!!!

99svtlightning

Established Member
Just installed a 2.4L Kenne Bell protoype kit on my 05 Mustang GT. First off, I am in now way associated with Kenne Bell. Just a very happy customer and installer of many of their kits.

Secondly, the install was very simple and a direct bolt on. The supporting hardware wasn't difficult at all. The intercooler and BAP were all very easy. The kit includes a 90mm MAF, 39lb injectors, Boost a Pump, and all the hoses, fitting, bolts, etc. necessary for the install...it's complete!

Jim Bell already had a couple prototypes in some recent magazines. This is the follow up preproduction model. The 1.7L non intercooled, 1.7L intercooled, and 2.4L intercooled will be for sale in about a month.

It is very streetable and the variable cam timing adds to the lower torque curve tremendously. It's a monster at 14psi. I have it set on 10-11psi for the street. I'm sure this car is just as fast as any Kenne Bell 03/04 Cobra at the same boost levels.

I managed 450rwhp at 11psi on pump gas. A little race gas, a small bump in timing, and 14psi generated 505rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. On a dynojet, I'd bet we'd see 50rwhp more. Thanks to SCT for all their hard work on getting the tuning 100%. Also thanks to Kenne Bell, BSP and IDP for all their hard work on making it happen.

Here's some pics. Sorry the car's a bit dirty, it rained here yesterday and I had to drive it to the shop to install wheels and Eibach springs.

kennebell.jpg

motorside.jpg

sideshot.jpg

Ironhand

Banned
That's a really nice GT.. But it need either to be black to match the rims or the rims need to be white to match the car. :) LOL

99svtlightning

Established Member
The car is silver. :rolling:

It looks much better in person. It now has tinted windows, a black aggressive chin spoiler, and a blacked out rear panel. Pretty stealth looking.

99svtlightning

Established Member
I'm not sure of the exact pricing, but Kenne Bell should be able to give you can idea.

We had a dyno day in Maryland on Saturday and retuned the street file. On 93 Octane we did 472rwhp. That's the file I'm driving on it now.

It's a very nice setup. You can't hear any blower whine at all. It surprises a lot of people on the street, including myself. :rolling:

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
99svtlightning said:
I'm not sure of the exact pricing, but Kenne Bell should be able to give you can idea.

We had a dyno day in Maryland on Saturday and retuned the street file. On 93 Octane we did 472rwhp. That's the file I'm driving on it now.

It's a very nice setup. You can't hear any blower whine at all. It surprises a lot of people on the street, including myself. :rolling:

i bet that it does surprise alot of people!!
but thats a nice GT man!

99svtlightning

Established Member
I was hoping for blower whine, but there isn't any at all...at least at the boost level's I'm running. My 01 Lightning sounded like a siren with the KB, the 03 Cobra is a little less noticable. This is quiet as a NA vehicle. However, the boost is very responsive.

jfboy

Established Member
99svtlightning said:
Kenne Bell has posted pricing on their website at http://www.kennebell.net

At 11psi or so, there is at faint whine at WOT. Once the boost is cranked up to 15+(with a built motor), the whine will be similar to an 03/04 Cobra w/ a Kenne Bell.

Can you post the prices ?

My computer cant run the price list.......

99svtlightning

Established Member
Sure.

** TS1000-05 KIT 90
$4599.00
5-6 PSI KIT ('05-'06 4.6 GT) NON INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, FLASH TUNE, COOL AIR KIT, 90MM METER, 39LB INJECTO
(Optional Dual Calibration "POWER" & "SHOOTOUT" $99.00) "50 STATE LEGAL" Pending

** TS1000-05-INT KIT 120
$5599.00
8-13 PSI KIT ('05-'06 4.6 GT) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP, FLASH TUNE, COOL AIR KIT, 90MM METER, 39LB INJECTORS
(Optional Dual Calibration "POWER" & "SHOOTOUT" $99.00) "50 STATE LEGAL" Pending

** TS1000-05-TUN KIT 110
$5199.00
10-24 PSI KIT ('05-'06 4.6 GT) INTERCOOLED INCLUDES BOOST-A-PUMP & COOL AIR KIT ONLY ("TUNER KIT")
"50 STATE LEGAL" Pending

Users who are viewing this thread