Kenne Bell 2.1 Intercooler [build log]

mlackke

Established Member
I have had lot to deal with past months so I didn't have any progress. Anyway situation as today:

- I have not completely eliminated intake leaks, I have detected couple very small leaks between manifold and intake gasket with smoke detector. Leaks have no affect to AFR or the engine while running it. Factory default gaskets don't work due they very thin insulation stripe and the new manifold does not perfectly align that stripe. I fabricated myself own gaskets from some Wallmart etc gasket mat, but like I said, still not 100%. sealed. Anyway I some ideas combine motor silicon etc with gasket make it fully sealed.

- Since SN95 front bumper does not have ideal air flow to heat exchanger, example compared to termis and also I don't want to order new or start cutting current one. So I decided to add some powerful fans to front heat exchanger. Yes I'm aware of pros/cons using fans with heat exchanger, but adding 1000CFM airflow cannot hurt..hopefully :)

- Ordered few days ago Pierburg CWA150 pump, so let's see closer to summer what difference that baby does.

Last edited:

FinnCobra

Established Member
I made air guides from aluminium sheet so that all air goes through cores. Have not tested it. I have car radiator as heat exchanger so it is as big there fits.

mlackke

Established Member
So finally managed put all together, had some problems with Pierburg due it is very water hungry and started to cavitate with current configuration. Had to change pump location and replace all 5/8 hoses with 7/8.

When cruising 30-40mph the delta to outside temps is about 70f which is seems quite high, assume 30f~ would be more "normal". This was also before adding fans so, but anyway i need check few things about that.

Tested yesterday couple 0-150mph pulls:

outside: 32f
iat before pull: 104f..106f
max iat temp during pull: 114f..118f

So atleast load IC is performing well :)
1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread