EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Ken-Block-Gymkhana-8-Featured.jpg

Exotic Playground
Ken Block slides through Dubai around Ford GTs, F-150 Raptors and more
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Performance

Nothing will wake up the Internet like the latest installment of Ken Block’s tire-shredding video series—Gymkhana Eight! The video hit the Web and its YouTube view counter is already spinning like the rear tires on Ken’s Fiesta.

“The eighth installment of the viral video series Gymkhana features the most Ford Performance vehicles yet,” says Ford Performance. “Head Hoonigan in Charge Ken Block tears through the streets and desert of Dubai in his Ford Fiesta ST RX43, encountering a Ford F-150 Raptor, Mustang GT, Focus RS, and Ford GT along the way. See if you can spot all of them!"

It is incredible watching Ken slide his 650-horsepower Ford Fiesta RX43 around streets, including the main highway, which had only be closed for the likes of President George W. Bush’s visit in 2008. Check it out right here...

[video=youtube;_hf6ke1-i3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E[/video]

“I realize it sounds cliché to say it, but this is probably my favorite Gymkhana thus far,” Ken said. “When XDubai reached out to partner with me as a sponsor last season, one of the things they brought to the table was the ability for us to come and have carte blanche in terms of filming a Gymkhana video in Dubai. The offer was amazing since I had identified Dubai as a location where I’d like to film something a few years prior, so of course I jumped at the opportunity. The fact that we were able to shut down the Sheik Zayed Road for only the second time in the history of Dubai have access to a fully shutdown airport runway with a 747 and to be able to film in Burj Park, which is part of the world’s tallest building [the Burj Khalifa] is absolutely awesome. Now would be a great time for me to be able to say a huge heartfelt thank you to the people of Dubai for letting us come and make this awesome video, so, thank you!”

As impressive as the eighth installment is, there is definitely a tease of more to come. Be sure to stick around till the end, when the video previews Ken Block’s next ride—the Ford Focus RS RX, which will appear in Gymkhana 9.

1-Ken-Block-Gymkhana-8.jpg

Watch Ken Block tear up the streets of Dubai—drifting around a Raptor on two wheels and more—in Gymkhana Eight.

2-Ken-Block-Gymkhana-8.jpg

Be sure to watch till the end to see Ken Block’s next ride for Gymkhana Nine—the Ford Focus RS RX.

Troponin

Established Member
Ken was on Jason Ellis today talking about his car and doing these shoots. Its a 2L turbo engine putting out about 630hp. Said they did a 0-100 run and it blew away the Bugatti. It pretty much tops out at 100 because it's geared for another purpose. Good stuff

Users who are viewing this thread