Keep Paxton or go with Turbo

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
i have proven im the exception to the rule in that i have the dyno sheet, have ran the time's at the track, and have pulled various vehicle's that trap over 135mph, all while being on 10psi. .

There are eaton powerd cars making 500rwhp, running in the low 10's and one running high 9's while trapping 135mph in the 1/4. Just because you beat a car that traps 135 doesnt mean that your car is deffinately making 700rwhp. What cars where you racing? Doesnt prove anything.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
take an f1c and a garrett or borg warner in a 76mm and the numbers will be noticeably higher for the turbos, even with belt drive loss aside.
you could compare the f1c to a ebay 76mm 20 year old tractor technology and yes, the numbers may in fact be similiar, but only by comparing a higher end blower to a lower end turbo will this hold true, comparing a higher end blower to a higher end turbo and your point is no longer valid.

[ame=http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/jmstarck/?action=view&current=jasonvsexwikedmobile.flv]jasonvsexwikedmobile.flv video by jmstarck - Photobucket[/ame]

That red car belongs to firstsvt. He is making just under 830rwhp at 25# @7400rpms using a Procharger F1 head unit. The DSG car he is racing is a 76mm car. :uh oh: Now I dont know any info in reguards to the 76mm car such as boost level, but I do know that 830rwhp with 25# boost is 76mm territory. firstsvt is also using the stock longblock with the exception of an upgraded valvtrain to spin to 7400rpms, at least thats what I have read here on the forum.

The max cfm flow for a F1C is 1850 and for the F1R its 2000.
ProCharger Supercharger Models

I'm not arguing that superchargers are capable of the same power at the same boost as a similar turbo, but they are closing the gap these days, and not compared to 20 year old turbos either, modern turbos.

61mmstang94

Established Member
I'm beginning to wonder where can I find a Freak engine that response well to a turbo like that.

Just talk to toodles...he can tell you how to build the most efficient setup ever, and how to get more hp per psi than anyone else. It's all in his magic turbo. :D

THAITED

Established Member
^^^^My bad for not making it clear.....Actually I was referring to a 700 rwhp car with a magical turbo!!!:beer:

Last edited:

61mmstang94

Established Member
^^^^My bad for not making it clear.....Actually I was referring to a 700 rwhp car with a magical turbo!!!:beer:

Yeah, and also remember what toodles already told you, his engine doesn't matter at all. The heads and manifold make no difference at all because it's only the turbo making power. So don't worry about the engine, bro. Just get that magical s380 and you can do it.

THAITED

Established Member
:lol::lol::lol: I know that's why next time, forget about buildiing the engine....just use a stocker with S380 and Whoomp....there it is !!!!1000 HP.....:beer:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Well its been a week and it seems toodles hasn't been able to find any other magical turbo set ups other than his own. I've also looked and searched to see if there are any other cars that manage to more than double their wheel horse power with less than 14.7 psi and I have not found any. I've found some that come close when running really high static compression and boost.

61mmstang94

Established Member
Well its been a week and it seems toodles hasn't been able to find any other magical turbo set ups other than his own. I've also looked and searched to see if there are any other cars that manage to more than double their wheel horse power with less than 14.7 psi and I have not found any. I've found some that come close when running really high static compression and boost.

I've searched and searched as well. Came up with nothing similar that has made anything near that much per pound of boost. I also asked some other people who have built plenty of turbo setups, and worked with plenty of them, and they said the numbers sound substantially inflated. He might make 700 on an engine dyno, but it isn't going to truly make that much on a stingy chassis dyno on shitty gas and a conservative tune.

They were thinking more like 575rwhp on a good day could be attainable with only 10psi on 91 octane with a setup like his making under 300rwhp n/a.

Last edited:

94venomV8

Established Member
I will chime in for a second just because one of my friends cars is running something similar to what we are talking about. He has a 03 cobra with 9.0:1 compression and it is a 5.1L stroker with custom turbo cams. He has a twin 61mm kit and has ported heads and all. His car is making 690rwhp on 13# of boost on 93 octane.

So with that said I am having a hard time believing on a stock heads intake motor with lower compression and lower boost and lower octane that toodles is putting out that power. I dont want to get into this argument but just throwing my experience of this out there to help clarify. If you are making that power with stock everything congrats man but I have never seen it before.

THAITED

Established Member
Sometime I wonder why I bother to have my engine custom built for:nonono:; when I can just buy a used 03-04 Cobra, slap on the S380 turbo and run 700 rwhp....:shrug:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Sometime I wonder why I bother to have my engine custom built for:nonono:; when I can just buy a used 03-04 Cobra, slap on the S380 turbo and run 700 rwhp....:shrug:

Oh no it has to be a 96-98 Cobra with the lesser B heads and intake untouched along with the s380. If you want the magical numbers you need the magical combo!:lol:

THAITED

Established Member
Here is some reality numbers here from our very own member Boss32v. 4V heads, 5.1 stroker, cams, electric water pumps and other stuffs GTK1000 Turbonatics, 10psi at 540 rwhp and 580 rwtqr..... again real power no la la land power....

61mmstang94

Established Member
Here is some reality numbers here from our very own member Boss32v. 4V heads, 5.1 stroker, cams, electric water pumps and other stuffs GTK1000 Turbonatics, 10psi at 540 rwhp and 580 rwtqr..... again real power no la la land power....

You just don't get it, do you? His S380 is magical, bro. :rolling:

SpittingCobra

Established Member

His F1 cog setup was way sicker!

Users who are viewing this thread