Keep or Sell?

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I have not had much time to ride my Harley in the last year. Saturdays are the one day a week my wife works and Sundays we usually do something as a family. Now to be fair, my daughter just turned one last month.

The bike is paid off so I am not wasting money on it sitting but I also have two car projects that I haven’t really touched either.

Do I sell the HD and work on the cars when I get time or keep it knowing that soon I will start getting some time?

Redacted by the Law Offices of John J. Garvey using the svtperformance.com mobile app

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Sell it.

With the growing amount of un-awareness on the street, motorcycles aren't safe. I sold mine a couple years back; sure I miss it sometimes, but in the end I'd rather miss it than have my family miss me.
Revvv might run you over, lol. Sell!

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
If it is going to be just sitting might sell to get the best return for it. Had my last one sit for a couple of years before finally selling after 40 years of riding.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I say sell it. Use money for your car projects then you can take the whole family out. I always wanted to ride never did. Now that I have kids and there are some many distracted drivers doubt I’ll ever buy one. The itch is still there at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Sell it. I'm in the same boat as you. I go back and forth on selling my Harley I bought new 9 1/2 years ago. I loved to ride, but two kids have changed the ability to do much of that any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
When I had kids I slowly got rid of the toys including dirt and street bikes and yes, even the Mustang. I bought a boat when they were 8 and 5. I, and they, wish I would've gotten rid of the toys right away and got the boat sooner.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Sell it.

With the growing amount of un-awareness on the street, motorcycles aren't safe. I sold mine a couple years back; sure I miss it sometimes, but in the end I'd rather miss it than have my family miss me.

This.
I commute about 100 miles a day, it's amazing how many people are looking at their phones while driving.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I thought about buying another HD last year before I bought the Cobra (which I just sold, lol). My insurance agent, and very good friend, said two words to me about it.

"Women"
"Texting"

VegasMichael

Established Member
I would sell. I wasn't driving my GT500 much since 5-6 months out of the year it's hotter than hell, and when it was nice the bad drivers, traffic and boring roads in Vegas just dulled the experience. I figured the longer I kept it idle I would be losing money inre maintenance, insurance and registration as well as how much I could sell it for. I miss the car but I don't regret selling it, if that makes any sense.

ZEN357

Established Member
I'd keep it since it's paid off! I have a 2001 Bullitt in the garage with only 7800 miles on it. I drive it when I" can whcih amounts to maybe 5 to 7 times a year, but it's paid off. :)

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Meh,

It's a nightster, you are not exactly sitting on a goldmine. It's also not irreplaceable either. Sell it, if you miss it, buy another bike later.

_Snake_

Established Member
Sell it.

Good advice. I rode every chance I had and loved it. I sold my HD to help with a down payment on a house in FL and decided against buying another bike after seeing how crazy shit was here. That was in 2006. Hearing a group of bikes still turns my head as quickly as hearing a turbo spool or blower whine, and while I do miss it, my wife would miss me far more. (I think)

Users who are viewing this thread