Keep getting pulled over!

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
I wonder why I keep getting pulled over 2X in the last month. I removed all the hubcaps on my grand marquis. Maybe its cause I have the looks of a crazy crack dealer or something? Is it possible to be on a list of suspicious people?

The first time I was attempted to be pulled over it was about 12:30 AM and I was tailed for almost 10 miles as I left Rock Island, only reason I wasn't actually stopped was my friend who happens to be a Rock Island officer heard my plates being called in and told them that I wasn't buying crack that I was most likely on my way home from work (which was the case.) My officer friend said it was called in on the radio as a suspected person purchasing drugs. I don't understand how someone can assume I was buying crack when I did not stop anywhere and drove on a main road through town.

The second time I was pulled over was last week and it was snowing quite heavily and it was in the morning time approximately 8:45 AM. I was not speeding and I had my headlights on. (Illinois has a rain/headlight law) The officer said he was pulling me over for an expired registration sticker, but there was no way he could have seen this, unless he was using binoculars that can see through snow. He was a long ways off when he lit up the cherries. (BTW my registration is current, just can't find the sticker and I don't want to pay the DOT $25.00 for a lost sticker replacement)

So I suppose the question is this. Am I being pulled over for being "suspicious looking" i.e white guy driving a large automobile without hubcaps that is otherwise in flawless condition. Something to the effect of having taken my "blings" off during the winter. I do drive through some rough neighborhoods to and from work, maybe that is just it, or is it cause I am just paronoid?

I am also curious to hear what officers use as criterion for pulling someone over for minor type infractions stickers, lights, etc...

Thanks for any responses!

-Zach

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
What do we use as Reasonable Suspicion for an invesitgative stop? Anything and Everything.

You drive through the ghetto, it's not you, it's not necessarily your car.... Its a term called "Totality of Circumstances"
Also, if your not showing current registration, that's a legit stop. You would be surprised how far off we can spot that stuff.

Last edited:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Reminds me of my best friend. My friends and I used to go to all the big car events in the country. My one best friend, every where we went men, women would always come up to him wanting to know if he had any dope. Never knew why. It was funny most of the times. Especially when a hot looking girl would come up, pulling him aside and ask him for some dope or if they could come up to our room and smoke some. Poor fellow did not do drugs but all these other people sure thought so. Sometimes you just fit the look of what people think someone looks like. He also used to work second shift and would be coming home and get pulled over by the same officer who was checking to make sure he wasn't into something he should not be.
He was treated a lot like the way you are being treated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread