KB vs. Whipple superchargers.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Roughneck18 said:
Did you read this entire thread? I beleive you do not know what you are talking about. Because he is in his 20's makes him a punk. You are plain out a moron for making that statement. :poke:
yes I did read this thread. What made me make this statment is because Dustin is just making attacks towards the bell camp, whereas the bell side is posting facts defending themselves. Dustin took over daddys business, so now he's king. :kaboom:

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OxfordCobra said:
yes I did read this thread. What made me make this statment is because Dustin is just making attacks towards the bell camp, whereas the bell side is posting facts defending themselves. Dustin took over daddys business, so now he's king. :kaboom:

Actually, since your so into facts, you should do your research and find out what started what. :bash: Did we have anything posted anywhere with comparison info, did we downplay competition anywhere? No, we posted in response to all the questions regarding the KB comparison which was very misleading and had quite a bit of inaccurate information, it also didn't paint the best picture in regards to our product vs. kb. After that, there were plenty of false statements made which I pointed out. So in your zeal to defend KB, you missed the fact that we only replied to the false info that was circulated by KB via mailings and the internet. How that is attacking is beyond me. :shrug:

Just a bit of info for you as well, in order for it to be FACT, it needs to be true. :idea: Posting false, inaccurate or misrepresented information does not make it FACT because it was posted. :loser:

Last, you need to remove your head from wherever it's buried because you are so inaccurate in regards to me or this company. Art Whipple is still the owner and is very, very involved. This is a family run business and we take pride in everything that we do. Why you think you know me, this family or the company is beyond my comprehension, please lose the degrading remarks. :nono:

Thanks

Roughneck18

Established Member
OxfordCobra said:

I don't see KB assisted in your sig anymore. Are you trying to hide your biased opinions? You are already making one against someone you do not even know. Dustin keep up the great work!! And Jim you also keep up the great work!! You are both making our cars faster. :rockon:

One thing I do agree with is at least Dustin is on here posting himself and not having someone supposedly quoting him.

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
klrsvt said:
I think Jim is busy doing flow tests and dyno tuning his products so he can report his findings to the costumers.

I think were all pretty busy doing our daily work, I squeeze in post at all different times and while I'm on hold on the phones :mj:

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
now thats customer service!
Whipple Charged said:
I think were all pretty busy doing our daily work, I squeeze in post at all different times and while I'm on hold on the phones :mj:

Brian@SCT

Established Member
I try not to get involved in these debates, because I honestly believe that customers talking about product quality and service speaks higher than any one vendor could talk about themselves.

The main reason I decided to post is to just clarify that I did have experience tuning a lot of KB cars and right before I left Apten I did tune one whipple cobra on the dyno. I was never a dealer of either product or sold them, but occasionally customers would come in with one of them. But now at SCT we deal with various manufacturers and we don't represent any opinion about one product versus another. It's real important that SCT distinguishes that, because if we wanted to form an opinion about one product over another, we would spend the time and money to perform a technical test (which we haven’t).

Even at Apten, I never did a scientific test to compare both blowers using identical weather conditions on the same day, so I can't intelligently speak about power comparisons.

Brian

Last edited:

UKnow

Established Member
Dustin has helped me out with numerous questions and when I needed a favor with a blower elbow. I could never be happier with his product and his help. I never had dealt with any KB products, but have seen them and have been in a KB Cobra and they do make some good products. Both companies make quality products. My thumbs up goes to Whipple just for helping me out in time of need and I like the OEM look and its quality look and good internal parts. Thanks Dustin!!!

TECH@KB

Established Member
03Red10th said:
Dustin, Ken,

Will the Whipple or KB fit with the Kenny Brown strut tower brace?

I have not seen the Kenny Brown strut tower brace so I can't comment, except to say I doubt it because we already have packaging issues. We usually have to take as much room as we can get under the hood, so there would be little room left for a strut tower brace.

Regards,

Ken

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
03Red10th said:
Dustin, Ken,

Will the Whipple or KB fit with the Kenny Brown strut tower brace?

I've been informed by a few of our customers that it will not fit with the Kenny Brown Strut brace.

Thanks,
Dustin

03Red10th

Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
TECH@KB said:
I have not seen the Kenny Brown strut tower brace so I can't comment, except to say I doubt it because we already have packaging issues. We usually have to take as much room as we can get under the hood, so there would be little room left for a strut tower brace.

Regards,

Ken

Whipple Charged said:
I've been informed by a few of our customers that it will not fit with the Kenny Brown Strut brace.

Thanks,
Dustin

Oh Well, who needs that stb anyways. :D

mblgjr said:
The Steeda 2pt and maybe the MM unit will.

Thanks dude, just sent them an email. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

pablo escobar

Established Member
Does anyone make a strut tower brace that fits with a whipple 2.3????

Also, how much boost am I running with 3.25 pully on the snout of my whipple 2.3????

Any help will greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

93Snake

on the 3.25" you should see 14.5 lbs of boost, the STB is not worth it... thats why ford did away with them. they do look pretty neat though

Whipple Charged

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
03red10th stated that the Steeda 2pt may fit but I honestly can't tell you for sure, but Steeda has installed some SC's so they should be able to answer that for you.

The 3.25" should be running approx. 15lbs of boost on a stock engine, approx. 16lbs with CAI, large TB, stock exhaust, back to 15lbs with x pipe, headers, cat back.

Thanks,
Dustin

Users who are viewing this thread