KB dual BAP question

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
I just ordered the KB 3.2LC for my '13 GT500 from Evo. I have been seeing people talk about running them full time. Is there any install instructions showing how to install these this way?

Also any other tips or tricks I need to be aware of during the whole blower install?

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I ran 2 fused 10g wires off the battery to a pac 80 relay then wired the bap to that. As for keeping it on all the time it's just the two small wires and you tie those together.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
I would go that route but the BAP came with the KB kit. Anyone know where I can get a write up on installing one oh a newer gt500?

fullboogie

Established Member
Most of the install is really straightforward. The only tough part is that KB's instructions suck ass in general, and more specifically, they refer to wire colors that have now changed. The issue you will likely run into is that the power wire off one or both fuel pump drivers will be a different color than referenced in the instructions. And, they will probably be different colors from each other. Easiest way to ID which wire you go with is to trace them. In any case, it's not that bad of an install.

Blackmax

Established Member
I had mine wired as per Kenne Bell instructions and never had a problem. The switch would activate the BAP at 5-7 pounds I believe, wiring full time is asking for trouble in my opinion.

5PTSLO

WFO Racing!!
Established Member
Nxhappy, I found your thread. Great diagram. Do you happen to know if everything is the same for a '13?
Also is that wired to run full time?

Thanks again.

Blackmax

Established Member
And why is that? It's been done for years this way and I don't recall a single reported failure caused by this method.[/QUOTE

Its not recomended by Kenne Bell, I spoke to them about this at length. Of course it would be prefered as you would eliminate any delay as well as switch failure. There have been failures here on Cobra's .

MattR

Established Member
I would much rather these companies offer a plug and play fuel pump upgrade versus these boosters. I know a lot of people use them, but I can't help but feel it's a bandaid. I have one on mine and really have no idea if I wired it correct or not. I have 17v at the wires I assumed were the correct ones. I like plug and play, good job VMP. With the amount of power i see all these VMP gen II guys make I wish I would have went with that over this KB that required all sorts of cutting and hacking to make work.

nxhappy

Established Member
Nxhappy, I found your thread. Great diagram. Do you happen to know if everything is the same for a '13?
Also is that wired to run full time?

Thanks again.

my guess is the wire coloring could be different, but I am not 100% sure. Mine is wired to run full time.

Users who are viewing this thread