KB 2.8 Mammoth and my limits

Fooj

Established Member
Looking to change the setup on my car, when i bought the car it came with all of the following,KB2.8 Mammoth pushing about 18.5 psi, KBBP, 60lb injectors and full exhaust. Looking to up the boost to about 20 psi and stay on pump gas (93oct). I haven't really touched the car since i bought it and i need to do something so it feels like its mine, i know weird to say but i feel like i bought someones else completed project.

The car hasnt had a tune since 2012 i understand tunes dont get old but i like to get it retuned by someone now has more understanding of the car. It was tuned before by street leathal which isnt even around any longer. I have no idea what timing its at or a/f so its one reason why i want to retune it. Question is do i just keep it at 18.5 psi or push it up to 20 psi.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Your best bet is to do some data logging and post it up here for the wizards to review. With that info, they'll likely be able to tell what you have for headroom. Injector duty cycle, fuel pump(s) capacity, MAF, knock...etc

Quick Strike

Established Member
I run about 20#s on the street tune and 93 octane, but I use at least 16oz of Torco per tank at that level. It is just bad gas insurance. I also have the J&S vampire that pulls timing if there is knock. You may have to have it tuned with less timing at that boost level to be safe on 93 octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fooj

Established Member
I run about 20#s on the street tune and 93 octane, but I use at least 16oz of Torco per tank at that level. It is just bad gas insurance. I also have the J&S vampire that pulls timing if there is knock. You may have to have it tuned with less timing at that boost level to be safe on 93 octane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i have a MD Racing Lean Protection Module installed for that protection as well. At 18.5psi it dyno'ed 664whp and 551 torque. Like i said no idea what timing is at so i might just get retuned at the same psi level

Quick Strike

Established Member
At 18.5psi it dyno'ed 664whp and 551 torque. Like i said no idea what timing is at so i might just get retuned at the same psi level

I made 742 RWHP and 647 RWTQ on the race tune at 24#s on 93 octane with 48 OZ Torco in the tank. The motor has had some improvements though.

GodStang

Established Member
many people have survived many a years on 20/21 psi on 93 octane. Many have exited stage left on much less. You really need to know timing and duty cycle. While tunes don't go bad, injectors can get clogged and not spray well and pumps can die among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread