kb 2.6 pulleys and boost question

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Hey everybody. I just traded my procharger f1a setup for a kenne bell 2.6 etc. The former owner said he made 18 psi with a 3.75 pulley and stock sized metro lower however most of what I've read indicates less psi than 18 with a stock lower. Does this seem accurate? Being that I have 10:1 cr, huge cams and full exhaust I'm starting to think I need a much smaller pulley to achieve 17-18 psi on pump 93. Thanks for any insight.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
Saw that kenne bell rates the 3.75 pulley for 16 psi with stock lower so just to double check I measured the metro lower and it is a hair over 8" so I assume it's a 2lb lower. So maybe the po did make 18 psi with stock motor.

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I made 18psi with stock lower & 3.50 upper & 20psi with 3.25 upper,just ordered a 3" hope to get 22#

Stage 4.6

Established Member
I don't have a stock lower but I am at 16.8psi with 3.75 upper and 4lb. lower stock manifolds and highflo cats with 91 octane.

Last edited:

Stage 4.6

Established Member
My tuner said the same thing, he said he was really impressed with numbers it put down, cause of the low boost I believe the 2.6Hs are designed for 15-24psi?
Ive only owned my cobra for 2-3 years so i am in the learning stage especially with the upper/lower pully combos I just had the blower put on late this summer.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
My tuner said the same thing, he said he was really impressed with numbers it put down, cause of the low boost I believe the 2.6Hs are designed for 15-24psi?
Ive only owned my cobra for 2-3 years so i am in the learning stage especially with the upper/lower pully combos I just had the blower put on late this summer.

maybe elevation is a factor?

Stage 4.6

Established Member
maybe elevation is a factor?

Elevation is always a factor up here, You really notice it in the MPH, compare to cars with the same power levels that are at sea-level to up here and the difference can be up to 10mph. he claims I should see some significant improvements with LT headers and off road pipe and still have boost under 20psi.

Users who are viewing this thread