• neither i would stick with the eaton

Votes: 50 7.7%

• Total voters

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Screamin Cobra said:
Whipple 2.3 all the way. Bigger bearings

here is another quote from you on the link to the KB 2.6 vs. whipple 140ax thread
link to thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=321256

Screamin Cobra said:
I went from a whipple to a KB. I like KB's better and always have. Their performance is very alike which makes them both very competative. The KB's sound awesome so thats how I really fell in love with KB's. The 2.6 is better imo bc of the more efficient big bore. Its newer too, so thats why I would give it a shot.

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
CPViolation said:
2.8 is a waste of $$ unless you're cammed and ported ect.
Has to be a heavy breather or race car.

How do you figure? The 2.8L has thrown down great numbers on stock displacement cars and even 2V engines. Seems to have more top-end pull than the 2.6L blower. Not saying it is necessary, but I don't really think it is a waste.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
I like my 2.4, but I have seen some whipples run very good #'s as well. If I were to buy new and the 2.8L wasnt on the market I would go with a whipple 2.3

I got my 2.4 used for a steal, otherwise I would still be 2.7/4 Ported Eaton & 100 shot laying out twin screw cars all day long like I used to

porsches4lunch

Established Member
TieBreaker said:
with that procharger your talking about or the tubro either one. that damn car would not a daily driver you would need to **** with it all the time. :poke:

Procharger and ALL Cent Blowers make too much noise for me. I chose the Whipple because they were MUCH easier to deal with than KB. BTW, with a properly tuned turbo kit you NEVER have to F*&K with it. :thumbsup:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I've got a KB 2.2 with cams, and make 670+ to the tires. I've never had a single problem with my KB at all. I've never owned a Whipple, but I would highly recommend a KB any day of the week. ESPECIALLY OVER A PROCHARGER........dont even get me started on this piece of engineering marvel. lol

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
back on the original topic, i just found these on modularfords. check these out:
11667d1109681813-basic-positive-disp-supercharger-tech-and-twin-screw-compressor-map-analysis-2-2l_2-3l_eff.jpg

11668d1109681813-basic-positive-disp-supercharger-tech-and-twin-screw-compressor-map-analysis-2-2l_2-3l_pd.jpg

11669d1109681813-basic-positive-disp-supercharger-tech-and-twin-screw-compressor-map-analysis-2-4l_2-3l_eff.jpg

11670d1109681813-basic-positive-disp-supercharger-tech-and-twin-screw-compressor-map-analysis-2-4l_2-3l_pd.jpg

and heres the link;
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...twin-screw-compressor-map-analysis-24016.html

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
well i just got a whipple 2.3 on my car and it dynoed at 590 to the wheels on 15 psi. havent driven it yet but ill let everyone know

MoToCoBrA

Established Member
ok correction to my last post they dynoed it again this morning with a little cooler air and some new tuning got it to 603 rwhp and 577 rwtq on 15 psi:-D

Redfirecobra04

Established Member
MoToCoBrA said:
ok correction to my last post they dynoed it again this morning with a little cooler air and some new tuning got it to 603 rwhp and 577 rwtq on 15 psi:-D

How is your hook up? What other mods have you done to get 603rwhp? Did you do the injectors, boost a pump etc..? I am looking to get the Whipple myself in a month time. Where did you buy yours from?

Thanks

spincobra03

Established Member
im still not sure why people insist on saying KB is much better i know of a dozen whipple and Kb cars that put up right around the same numbers. If your running over 650 at 18lbs of boost even with a conservative(perfect) tune your asking for a short life. Either way both are terrific and are capable of producing the same hp and tq on a safe level. However I do believe if you like risk and a car over 21-23 psi of boost kb has a slight edge. But for safety and price whipples my choice.

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
MoToCoBrA said:
I love my Whipple, made 625 on 17 psi. PLENTY of power for the street which is what my car is for. I'm sure you can't go wrong with either.:coolman:

oneoff

Established Member
2.8L

Lower IAT's. More power with less boost and less power to move the rotors, they are spinning slower.

Plus you will have all the room in the world to grow later. They are keeping up with heavy modded turbo setups.

Always better to have to much than to little.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Keeping up with heavily-modded turbo setups? Umm... do you have any specific examples of this? Stock-engine turbo setups have run into the 9s. The HPP car is probably the best example of that. Haven't seen any similar KB setups anywhere near that. Would certainly love to, as I plan to upgrade my blower next year!

oneoff

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
Keeping up with heavily-modded turbo setups? Umm... do you have any specific examples of this? Stock-engine turbo setups have run into the 9s. The HPP car is probably the best example of that. Haven't seen any similar KB setups anywhere near that. Would certainly love to, as I plan to upgrade my blower next year!

Here is two examples:

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43357

JW's 2v will most likely be in the 9's. And go to post #16. Jim is @ 9.47 on all motor, no NOS.

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43237

Not exactly stock internals but in all means a 2.8L KB can keep up to turbo monsters, and these are 2v cars. I would find it rediculous to build a 9sec TT to run 9's with stock internals. If one is going to play, build it right. A pos blower does put a MUCH bigger stress on the internals as Turbos.

Mach3

Banned
oneoff said:
Here is two examples:

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43357

JW's 2v will most likely be in the 9's. And go to post #16. Jim is @ 9.47 on all motor, no NOS.

http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43237

Not exactly stock internals but in all means a 2.8L KB can keep up to turbo monsters, and these are 2v cars. I would find it rediculous to build a 9sec TT to run 9's with stock internals. If one is going to play, build it right. A pos blower does put a MUCH bigger stress on the internals as Turbos.

This is a mute subject a properly setup turbo car will kill the similiarly setup blower car.

oneoff

Established Member
Mach3 said:
This is a mute subject a properly setup turbo car will kill the similiarly setup blower car.

A full full nasty built turbo setup like something from Nopi, yes I agree. But your typical TT or T setup everyone is doing no. These KB 2.8's are seeing 800-900rwhp, oh and these are only 2v motors.

TT and 2.8L both have advantages and disadvantages. All im saying if you had like a HPP TT setup and you lined up to a properly built 2.8, I wouldn't bet your pink slip.

Again im not saying they are better then turbos, but they are running with them. The whp and ET's are on the sheets, this is not hear say.

Let's not ruin this thread on a debate of turbos against the 2.8.

But if I was about to spend the cash on a new KB, I wouldn't think twice and get the 2.8L. Just one mans opinion. I have been down the road of wanting bigger later, it sucks, especially for your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread