KB 2.2 install isue

Slow99x

Established Member
My friend just installed a used KB 2.2 and is having the problem that when he starts the car the idle starts at 4k and starts to climb. I have not had a chance to look at the car yet and he is super frustrated right now. I was wondering if any of you knew where to start in looking for the problem. He beleives it's a huge vacuum leak but I wanted to ask if there was something else that he should look for.

davidbcasey

Established Member
Is he using a stock TB on a single blade inlet? That will cause it. Did he get the vacuum lines run correctly? I just did this install yesterday and the vacuum lines were a PITA.

Robertp

2.9 crusher guy
Established Member
He has the idle air control on backwards I'll bet the connecter should point toward the fender, or what was said above about the throttle body

Robert

davidbcasey

Established Member
Yes, the IAC should point toward the TB and not the blower...it would be hard to get the plug to reach it if it were installed backward, but it could be done.

He may need to adjust the bracket that holds the cruise/accelerator cables...I had to.
What is the TB blade doing when it starts ramping up?

Ironhand

Banned
Is he using a stock TB on a single blade inlet? That will cause it. Did he get the vacuum lines run correctly? I just did this install yesterday and the vacuum lines were a PITA.

Seen this on a friends car and the car actually spun all the way past redline before we could shut it down. So Its not that.

Slow99x

Established Member
He just pulled the throttle cables off to see if it idled normal and it did. Thanks for the quick responses guys. YOU ROCK

Users who are viewing this thread